Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Workboat Conversion  (Read 3348 times)

lakesidebob

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Workboat Conversion
« on: May 12, 2013, 10:42:05 pm »

Hi All,
           I'm new to the Forum and newish to boats,last had a Graupner Patrol Boat in the 80's and promised i would return one day.Now retired.
Have just tried my Workboat yesterday after converting it,big help from you all on the Forum,thankyou, and am delighted with it.I feel the motor/prop shaft is a bit noisy,rattles and wondering if changing the drive shaft coupling and greasing the shaft would make it quieter,but not sure how to get that lot out.Have introduced some oil into it by the propeller and will try it again soon.Any help much appreciated,many thanks..Bob.

tugboat pete

• TUGBOAT PETE
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Im a tugger cos i pulled
Re: Workboat Conversion
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 11:57:31 pm »

Hi there just read your post im working on a sea port at the mo i would change the joint use a dremel to split the joint on the prop shaft end and the motor part just slides off. The  motor shaft is an eighth and the prop shaft is an m4 type you will need two brass couplings and connect them with a piece of rubber petrol pipe see my downloaded pics note you will need the brass drives with the small grub alan key fitting hope this is of help best regards.

lakesidebob

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Workboat Conversion
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 09:42:21 pm »

Hi Tug
             Many thanks for your reply to my rattling Workboat coupling query.I have found your Tug Pix and the coupling picture,looks as if that should do the job.Where's me Dremel?.Many Thanks again.Bob.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.