The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Seaport Tugs

tugboat petes workboat project

<< < (2/6) > >>

tugboat pete:
hi all new pic finnished the hull paint job will keep u posted best regards.

tugboat pete:
 :}ok all this is where the rebuild is at the mo im forwarding some more current pics of the boat i think that it needs more work ref to detailing now but i think im getting there best regards.

tugboat pete:
 <:(  Hi all just a quick post got the boat in the water today all went pair shape listing 25 deg to port i have a 1.5 lb sinker weight im putting into the bow will be collecting a box of tyre stick on weights monday so all should be aok as soon a i get the ballast sorted i didnt realise that the upper decking on this boat was so heavy im not supprised that they turn turtle at the drop of a hat best regards.

Netleyned:
Mine has a SLA battery and another kilo of ballast,
No top portion of the wheelhouse, no lattice mast and the crane and dinghy
removed and she is steady as a rock.
Have you removed the water ballast tank?
Looks like you still have the slots in the hull
if you are using the ballast tank make sure the vents
are open to the air or it won't fill.

Nice paint job  :-))

Ned

tugboat pete:
 :-) Thanks for the reply ned i have retained the water ballast tank and cut out the input holes in the hull taken out the fine mesh also i have extended the breather pipes out into the rear of the upper wheelhouse with an overflow onto the rear deck only got to sort out the ballast and fit the decking back down all going to plan and thanks for the comments on the paint job will post further pic when all together with decals best regards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version