Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cornwall Armed Forces Day  (Read 1146 times)

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
Cornwall Armed Forces Day
« on: June 23, 2013, 12:38:24 pm »

Falmouth was hosts to Cornwall Armed Forces Day yesterday,and what a superb day it was! Despite the frequent heavy showers,everyone seemed to have enjoyed the many attractions and displays that were put on. The town was buzzing,and such a lovely happy atmosphere. The onlydisappointment was that the proposed flypasts were cancelled,so we didnt see the Venom Jets,the ancient Anson aircraft,or mores the pity the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.My first ever flight,with the ATC,was on an Anson,and I still swear today that the wings had so much movement during takeoff,that they were flapping up and down like a bird's!
Over 3500 people visited the Lyme Bay which was open to the public.
The two highlights for me,both concerned the Royal Marines' Band,Plymouth.First with the display of "beating the retreat" and in the evening a superb open air concert. What a fabulous performance,and great fun too.Even though it was a very wet evening,the whole audience thoroughly enjoyed it.
Another great thing was seeing the Arctic Medal being presented to a number of men after waiting so long for them.
Thank you Falmouth,and Thank you all the Armed Sevices.
Mick F

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Cornwall Armed Forces Day
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 04:30:10 pm »

my first flight was in an anson from hullavington just up the road landed at andover many moons ago now my last flight was  charlie c 130  gordon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.