Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mtroniks V-Tail or W-Tail?  (Read 3122 times)

Neil Martin

• Full Mayhemer
Mtroniks V-Tail or W-Tail?
« on: June 26, 2013, 01:30:50 pm »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me (without getting too technical) what the difference between Mtroniks V-Tail & W-tail mixers is?
I am planning to fit a mixer to my sons twin engine tug. He would like to be able to turn the vessel on the spot using forward/reverse engine power at the same time.
We already have some Mtroniks ESC's so would like to use Mtroniks mixers, but their site doesn't give much away about performance of the devices.
There is also a Tank & a Programmable version, with no real guide on what you can do with them either.
I know that the Action system can achieve what he wants with regards the turning ability, but can the Mtroniks systems match that?

Many thanks, Neil.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Mtroniks V-Tail or W-Tail?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 02:39:03 pm »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Neil Martin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 10:54:43 pm »

Thanks Martin for the link,

An interesting read, but as with so many of the discussions around this topic, all roads lead back to Action!
From further websearches I've done, I can now say that the W-Tail has more output leads than the V-Tail.
But no information on the range of motion / control you have over the motors.
What would be nice is if people who have used these systems could provide examples of their vessels performance.
We could almost do with a mini masterclass on the subject, showing how to set up the different systems to get the desired results.
Yes I know, before anyone points it out, Action's website already has great diagrams of their systems.
I would like to know about Mtroniks!

Neil.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 11:59:53 pm »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 04:28:36 am »

Martin.......W-Tail?......I think it is just a propeller cover to keep prying eyes %) away.......
When we built our OZ Collins class submarines [nee -Kockums] they produced an horrendous under water propeller acoustic signal... >>:-( the signal was probably heard in Malmo [Sweden]  <*<
The Swedish Government threatened to take the Australian Submarine Corporation to Court if the sub props were sent anywhere else but Sweden for rectification....... from memory in the end they went to the USA for CNC polishing.......  O0 without a Court case........Derek

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 22 queries.