Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model Hovercraft  (Read 6265 times)

petermun

• Full Mayhemer
Model Hovercraft
« on: June 21, 2013, 08:20:10 pm »

Are there any Mayhemers who build/sail model hovercraft?   Pete

Hover Tim

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Model Hovercraft
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 08:55:25 am »

yep there's a few of us on here that hover its great fun this is my model a Griffon 2000

Hover Tim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 08:58:49 am »

and my current build is a 16th scale bh7 I have prepped it for paint but I am adding rivet details to it now too

petermun

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 10:59:10 am »

Good to see I am not on my own.   My son and I are just starting, we have been given a 24 inch model of an SR.N6 which is sorely in need of some TLC.   The Lift fan and motor (some sort of 400) seem to be in good nick, but I will need to re-design the thrust motor and steering.   As we intend converting it to an RNLI version, I will probably replace the original one-motor thrust system with a 2-motor system.   It is early days yet and we need to give the project a lot of thought, but are considering going brushless for the thrust system.   Will post some photos in the near future.   Pete

Hover Tim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 07:04:40 pm »

yes please post pics this sounds like  very interesting project

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 07:55:22 pm »

your defo not alone , i bought a griffon 600 in kit form at christmas which ive biult and used , not a fan of the depron its made from so will be rebuilding in balsa and thin ply later in the year . jon

Sub driver

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 10:38:19 pm »

Hi,
There are a few of us hovver boys on here...i have a griffon 2000 tdx, a 1.16 bell sk5, and a 1.24 lcac, just finished a 1.50 russian zubr,  theres nothing quite like it,.lots of fun..
Regards sub.

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 07:41:27 pm »

All i can say at present is hello hovercraft  people,i just have got a set of plans of an rnli hovercraft,but have not got a clue where to start.I am one of many lifeboat enthusiasts and whilst i`ve been round the circuit i have not seen a rnli hovercraft (griffon 470td).I would like to bulid 2 of them one for display(at a lifebaot station)and one for use where ever i display my lifeboats.So is there a starter kit or something like the griffon 470td that will get me started or is it going to be scratch built (possibly back to the old days,scratch build).Martin(baloo)

Sub driver

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 08:03:42 pm »

Hi Baloo.
No kit im afraid, good old scratchbuilding....its quite a farly simple design though, shouln,t be too taxing, main difficulty will be the thrust ducts that the craft has as far as I can see.

Good luck with it.
Regards sub.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.