Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: To our Australian friends  (Read 13277 times)

steam up

• Full Mayhemer
To our Australian friends
« on: June 22, 2013, 01:01:39 pm »

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA  ;D ;D ;D ;D HA HA HA HA  21/23 {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: To our Australian friends
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 10:41:46 pm »

If four countries who all play international rugby as individual nations, could not field a composite team that was capable of beating any single nation, they should all take up croquet. I have always regarded the Lions tours as a bit of a joke for that very reason. Just imagine if Australia and New Zealand fielded a composite team (not that there would be too many Aussies in it :o ), that team would beat anything put up against it.

Don't get me wrong, it was a good, tough, enjoyable game of Rugby, but Australia lost its principal kicker after just 50 seconds, carried off on a stretcher, then failed to convert penalties and conversions worth 14 points. Leigh Halfpenny, on the other hand, only missed one kick - and therein lies the difference. If I was a Lions supporter I would be very worried, as last night was Australia's first match after a long break, and we really should have won comfortably. The Lions are on tour and have played a number of matches leading up to the test, so were primed to go. I can't wait for Melbourne.

Peter.

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 10:49:31 pm »

It was a good game of rugby and either side could have won.  I am going to hold back on any triumphalism until the series is settled - 3-0 if I'm any judge!   <*< <*< <*<

Greg

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 11:12:33 pm »

don't worry, Peter......he who crows loudest, usually ends up in the soup {-) {-) {-) {-) .......your lads will probably get their revenge next game {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

steam up

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 11:12:55 pm »

Enjoy the moment thats what sport is all about so:
HAHAHAHAHAHA ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 11:27:31 pm »

<*< ...& Neil says........"he who crows loudest, usually ends up in the soup"  .......... >>:-(  we don't have crows in OZ......but plenty of chicken visitors for chop chicken broth?..... O0  .....Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 11:34:24 pm »

What's rugby??  :o :o :o
Thought it was a place name %) %) %)
Gunna build those other boats one day.

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 12:17:20 am »

What's rugby??  :o :o :o
Thought it was a place name %) %) %)
It is.
It's the place where schoolboys run with a funny shaped ball because they cannot kick a round one.  :embarrassed:

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 01:53:34 am »

It is.
It's the place where schoolboys run with a funny shaped ball because they cannot kick a round one.  :embarrassed:
Thank you, it is now becoming clearer,  O0 O0 so it is not football  <:( <:( but running with a ball  %% %% {-) {-)

What will they think of next, probably hitting a little ball with a stick %) %)

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 11:15:55 pm »

Neil, our lads will do well to beat the Lions, but they did show in the first match that the Lions are vulnerable. We will just have to wait and see.

Derek, what do you mean "we don't have crows in Australia"?? There are millions of them. Check this site if you don't believe me http://www.ozanimals.com/wildlife/Bird/Crows,Ravens.html For the difference between crows and ravens, this site is useful http://www.mdavid.com.au/birds/ravensorcrows.shtml There are a lot of them near us, although not as many as there used to be, but that may have something to do with the weather, which has been quite wet.

The Adelaide Aussie rules team is even called The Crows.

Peter.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 11:44:37 pm »

.... >>:-( Peter....just don't tell them about our crows......... :o .....crow soup........YUK  <*< .......chicken soup is OK  :-)) ......& BTW....I thought the only team in Adelaide was the Painters & Dockers from Port Adelaide...... {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)  a splendid bunch of individuals.........Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

mudway

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 11:52:36 pm »

The nickname for people from South Australia is a "croweater". One word not two.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 11:08:14 pm »

I can't help noticing that Steam Up is not laughing now, after Australia outplayed the Lions (or should that be pussycats?) last night. The Lion's reliance on goal kicking was shown up after Australia scored the only try of the match and, but for some poor handling, should have scored more. Having the main kicker, Christian Leali'ifano in the side for the full match made a huge difference to the Wallabies. He was injured in the opening 50 seconds of the first game, and Australia had to rely on second and third choice kickers, meaning that a possible, even probable, 14 points were missed. Had they been scored, the Lions would now have their tails between their legs. As it stands, the decider in Sydney should be a great match, and the Wallabies showed enough last night to give me confidence that the Green and Gold can triumph. Bring on Sydney.

Peter.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 11:17:54 pm »

don't worry, Peter......he who crows loudest, usually ends up in the soup {-) {-) {-) {-) .......your lads will probably get their revenge next game {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

like I said........revenge is sweet {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2013, 11:26:52 pm »

Ya gotta love it  O0 O0 {-) {-)  but let's not rub it in too much,  OK just for a little while {-) {-) {-) {-)

steam up

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 11:46:43 pm »

Sorry for the lack of a response Peter but a double facture of the wrist distracted me a little.
Well done Austrailia a good result for a bunch of colonial ex pats and Pacific islanders that New Zealand did not want (reminds me about the New Zealand MP who said he was not worried about migration from his country to Australia as both countries benefited from an increased IQ {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) ).
The wife asked way I was bothering to post last week said I was interested to see if an Australian moderator would bite you did.
Bring on next week.

steam up

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 01:01:33 pm »

16-41
Best comment of the day:
"I love it when thousands of Australians practice their fire drill during a sporting occasion"
 :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :} :}

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2013, 04:35:58 am »

Australia was outplayed in all departments by the Lions. From the kick off, a knock on by Australia led to a Lions try in the first few minutes, and from then on they were never headed. At least, contrary to the usual northern hemisphere grind, the Lions scored 4 good tries, although the inevitable flood of scrum penalties helped greatly. Australia was left ruing the lack of a reliable kicker in the first match which, as it turned out, would have given us the series. However, it was not to be, and the better team (by far) was successful on the night.

From Australia's point of view, the economy received a huge injection from the thousands of Lions supporters, who all seemed to spend up big while they were here :-))  When interviewed for the TV news, one supporter said his spend would probably equal the total economy of a small country {-)  They will all be going home suntanned and happy, leaving the Aussies to reflect on the one that got away.

Well done Lions O0

Peter.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2013, 07:28:29 am »

Now hear this,

What really put the wind up was that the Lions had 007 on hand, with orders from M to............................ :o :o :o :o
so, as discretion is the better part of valour  O0 O0 the Lions were given the match  O0 O0 %) %)

html

• Full Mayhemer
  • Gipping Valley Model Boat Club
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2013, 12:46:17 pm »

And now the Ashes series starts on Wednesday, it is not going to be a good couple on months for Australian sport.  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Brian
I do not suffer insanity, I quite like it!

steam up

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 01:28:37 pm »

Excellent response from Peter a big thumbs up mate
  :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

dave301bounty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2013, 07:26:36 pm »

OH YES    THE ASHES .NOW THERE IS A GENTLEMANS SPORT .

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2013, 08:28:11 pm »

Now hear this,

What really put the wind up was that the Lions had 007 on hand, with orders from M to............................ :o :o :o :o
so, as discretion is the better part of valour  O0 O0 the Lions were given the match  O0 O0 %) %)

raaarty..........you should write a book on these revelations.............would keep our government confused for years, lol...........not that they need much confusing.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2013, 09:11:19 pm »

Excellent response from Peter a big thumbs up mate
  :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Thats why he is a Moderator  O0 O0 O0 O0 %) %)

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2013, 11:39:52 pm »

The whole of Great Britain should now be in party mode. Not only did the Lions win, but the perennial bridesmaid, Andy Murray, has won Wimbledon :o , the first British player to do so for 77 years. Not since Fred Perry won in 1936 (the year before I was born) has a British player won the men's singles. With the Ashes due to start soon, 2013 could be a great year for British sport O0 .

Peter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.