Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: phoenix 870  (Read 10810 times)

harryw

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: pheonix 870
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2013, 10:44:30 am »

boomer.
mmm, is there anything you dont know about boats and fine threads..
the sprinta yes nice one,the hull sits  high on the water.good quality hefty price tag too,da komt einiges zusammen.
stockmaritime no stranger to you neither,the seawind is on sale 285 euro with tx.

had a really good day on sailing yesterday,great pond with steady wind.(6 to 10 knots roughly)
choppy water ,i guess its one way or another.mirror flat surface and good wind dont go together.
she is still leak free,luckily.trimd out the weatherhelm for 80%.today i will have a go for finetuning.
she seems a bit slower in choppy water.added some pictures (i followed the diamond trail.)
o almost forgot,a couple came up to me.the man is a sailor too with rc yachts.
he was talking about micro magics and rg 65's.i didnt listen very well.
so later i googled some,and i think he is national/european competitor/designer of the rg65.
yeh people you meet.

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: phoenix 870
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2013, 06:19:48 pm »

Harry
Thank you but, I am still very much in the learning stages of this hobby. Most of what I have learned has come from the many experienced sailors I have met and reading related posts on this and other fine RC sailing forums.

Not sure if we touched on this but Kyosho has announced they are releasing the Seawind again, only this time as an RTR - complete ready to sail version. They have priced it at $449.99 USD - not sure what it will be in your part of the world, but this seems a reasonable price considering the kits were selling for about $300 and higher depending on what store you were looking at. So if you add a high torque sail servo, good rudder servo, battery pack, TX & RX plus the labor and paint - they are about right on their pricing.

I like building the kits so I am fine with my most recent purchase one of their most recently produced kits. I have the electronics, so my investment will be limited to the price of the kit. (Which I got a decent price.) ok2

I have now have two Seawinds in my collection - I actually had a CF Seawind some years ago, but sold it as I could find no benefit in it being constructed of Carbon Fiber and to recover the ridiculous cost for the darn thing. Honestly, it sailed just like the ABS version, but was a "pant load" of $$$ more. It was pretty, but not worth the difference in price. Thank goodness I found a buyer that was willing to pay the price for the CF boat. :-)) I now have two Seawinds for less than the price of the one CF edition! I posted a few pictures just for fun.

The Orange boat, my 2nd Seawind, is being repainted - the orange was easy to see but not my favorite color - the good news is it almost done. - I'll have to take a few pictures of it's new look as time permits. The other pictures are of course the CF edition one shows it sitting with my favorite boat the Yamaha Round the World.

Here's a nice discussion on Seawinds that might be of interest:  http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1359413&page=10

And a link to the Kyosho web site with details of their newest Seawind release. http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/SEAWIND...T_p_22749.html

Enjoy
Boomer

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2013, 01:48:51 am »

***Topic split***
New topic on Sprita here http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,44889.0.html***
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2014, 05:19:51 pm »

Just an FYI the newest version of the Seawind has arrived here in the US. The first shipment was very small and only a few select few got them.  Another shipment is reported to be arriving in the US warehouse by mid March. Not sure of the status in other parts of the world.
Here is a link to a video that provides a nice glimpse of the new RTR version - looks pretty good. US price is $357.99 plus shipping and tax.
Enjoy
Boomer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnFdw4amudE
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.