Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loss of e-mail contact.  (Read 2579 times)

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Loss of e-mail contact.
« on: June 21, 2013, 04:57:11 pm »

Particularly for BarryM and "Stevie" of Glasgow, and any others who may be awaiting a reply from me.
My direct e-mail connection has had a major convulsion. Don't know why or how to fix it. Can still communicate via the PM system. Sorry. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Loss of e-mail contact.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 06:41:37 pm »

PM sent
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 11:19:45 am »

Oh Dear. More woe.
Now I can't receive PMs either! I can probably send them but not read any replies.
The first indication of all this strife happened when logging in to the e-mail page (Blueyonder) and and it wittered on about the server (or something not to do with my computer) running out of Security License. Madness as SWMBOs e-mail system is working just fine. All other aspects of the Internet still work on my machine thank goodness.
So, sorry Martin...got the bit where you said you've sent a PM, but I can't read it! Bryan.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 12:59:57 pm »

Email sent
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 02:18:35 pm »

Martin. My only mans of contact at the moment is reading what is said on this site! Pointless sending me e-mails or PMs as my Blueyonder thing is busted! Bryan.

inertia

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 03:00:10 pm »

BY
See if you can access Google to set up a gmail account. That way at least you will have E-mails. If you object to Google there's also sites like Hotmail who offer web-based E-Mail. Once you get Blueyonder back again you can always cancel the other account or keep it just in case.
DM

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 05:38:53 pm »

Have you ever stopped to contemplate what life and communications with others would be like without the Internet? My ongoing hiatus has certainly given me pause for thought.
Messages sent via either letter (GPO) or telephone (also GPO). Think of the cost, never mind the time taken!
I've a pal who lives in Barcelona who adamantly refuses to have anything to do with computers. Apart from being a retired RFA Captain (who should know better) he's a total model railway freak (shame on him). But apart from the telephone, a normal letter takes 8 days each way. Very bucolic. I shudder to think what a real major breakdown in the e-mail world would be like.
But these feelings of isolation are somewhat ameliorated by "you lot" out there.
So thanks to you all for your hints and suggestions....but I think I may have to call in some professional advice/help. Not a prospect that gladdens the heart.
The real annoying factor in all this is that Mrs Ys' system that is linked to mine is working perfectly. And please don't suggest that I use her machine. Mainly because she's on a different Windows to me and I haven't a clue how to use it....but I also want to avoid any matrimonial strife that history always proves me to be "in the wrong".
At least I can carry on with the Baroda/Hunan stuff. Cheers, BY.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 05:48:02 pm »

Try HOTMAIL Bryan.

Just click this and sign up.  You'll be online in minutes.  I've had a Hotmail for years and never used it,  just in case I needed it.  (like you)

https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=11&ct=1371919473&rver=6.1.6206.0&wp=MBI&wreply=http:%2F%2Fmail.live.com%2Fdefault.aspx&lc=1033&id=64855&mkt=en-us&cbcxt=mai&snsc=1

Go on .....  it's a piece of cake   :-))

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 06:45:22 pm »

Gentlemen,
I think the answer to Bryan's dilemma lies in his reference to "different Windows". Bryan (age 103) is still using tape to boot up his pedal-powered machine which is running a single-glazed partition.  :kiss: :kiss:
He has tried to kid me that he has an Ipad but think he has confused it with his Etch-a-Sketch
I write this in the knowledge that he cannot get at me directly with abuse (as is his wont) and will have his language moderated on the Forum.  :P
Cheers,
Barry

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 12:11:34 pm »

Kenny and "Inertia.....Thanks for the Hot-tip....I'll try it this afternoon, if only to have the capability to reply to the befuddled BARRY M.
Dear Batty. You really should have been kept in the Stalag for a few more weeks. Nevertheless, I was quite touched with your billy-doo Especially with your politeness in knocking off a few years from my age. But I shall, as you correctly predict, reply in the manner to which you admit becoming addicted. I shal return!

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 09:47:48 am »

Agreed about the hotmail - I've been using it since the last century and hardly a hiccup.  Its seen me through three ISPs who have each fallen over on more than one occasion and its what I use most.  The "paid for" ISP account is mostly for trade which insists on not using a hotmail address.  Dont know about now, but it used to be the case that the hotmail account had to be kept live by using it every so often, just letting it lie for emergencies only could result in no account when needed.
For handling email, the newer versions of Thunderbird make setting up a mailbox for a particular account so easy now - once you've told it your userid and password it takes care of the techie mess for you.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 11:59:44 am »

Dear all.......
Thanks a lot for all the hints and tips.
E-mail service now updated and fully restored
Now to catch up with everything. Regards. BY.

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 01:15:42 pm »

There's a very ominous ring to "Now to catch up with everything".....  :kiss:

Barry M
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 23 queries.