Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jjc electronics V8 sound unit problem  (Read 3571 times)

mac666

• The need for speed and power, Lubbly Jubbly:)
  • Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem!
jjc electronics V8 sound unit problem
« on: May 24, 2013, 11:07:00 pm »

hello folks, Just bought a v8 petrol sound unit off ebay, it's a "Sounds Amazing" PE306 slave unit Mk2, I bought an amplifier from Maplins as recommended by the seller but I cant get it to produce anything like the sound of an engine. Does anyone know where i can buy an original Sounds Amazing master unit as the manufacturer "JJC electronics" doesn't exist anymore. I think this may be the only way to solve the problem, unless anyone has any suggestions,

Cheers

Ian.

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
Re: jjc electronics V8 sound unit problem
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 10:02:33 am »

One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 03:22:32 pm »

Ian youve probably brought this from casey himself . He has been selling a lot of old stock on ebay. At least he sent you something. When he was selling as Bobsmodelbits. He took over £100 from me and never sent anything or replied to my e mails. Beware! Why not contact him? Im sure that a decent seller like him will refund you straight away.If not then give him the feedback he deserves. John.

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 10:16:38 pm »

I thought Jim Casey had done a lord Lucan ?
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 11:29:07 pm »

If item is faulty/not as described then open up a dispute straight away, you will have to send it back recorded but you stand a better chance of getting your money back.

inertia

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 08:31:16 am »

If item is faulty/not as described then open up a dispute straight away, you will have to send it back recorded but you stand a better chance of getting your money back.
Not from this bloke, if his history is anything to go by. Spreading the rumour that you are dead is a clever way to put your creditors off the scent. Rising from the grave and continuing to trade from the same address afterwards is either miraculous or just plain dumb. Taking money and then supplying nothing is theft. Caveat emptor.
BTW how can you prove the item is faulty if there's no way you can operate it without an (unavailable) mating unit?
DM

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 08:43:46 am »

It shouldn't really matter as if bought with paypal they usually side with buyer for refunds.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

inertia

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 10:14:15 am »

It shouldn't really matter as if bought with paypal they usually side with buyer for refunds.

Bob

If that's so then why is he still permitted to sell on E-Bay? My only experience of their dispute procedure is that the seller was subsequently banned - and that after only two sales. There have been quite a few complaints on the Internet about this person involving faulty goods and non-delivery of orders. I can only assume that few (if any) of those complainants actually bothered to start a formal dispute - or even post negative feedback - and that JJC is 'playing the numbers' on that basis. 
Personally I wouldn't touch the stuff even with someone else's money, and I hope somebody does manage to put a stop to his activities. The gear was good when he started but then the wheels fell off his QC and it appears that he's now trying to shift a garage full of very suspect units onto unsuspecting punters - as well as taking orders and payment for stuff he doesn't have.
Like I said, caveat emptor.
DM

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 12:18:50 pm »

Regardless if the seller has died, gone away, Ebay have to follow their own dispute resolution, as long as a a dispute is opened in pretty well most occasions they will side with the buyer.
As to why they can have so many accounts, well that is one of the mysteries of ebay.

Touchwood I have never bought anything off the site I have not been happy with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 23 queries.