Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: spectrum dx 6  (Read 1810 times)

MadMax

• Full Mayhemer
spectrum dx 6
« on: July 15, 2013, 09:15:32 pm »

hi
   do  s anybody out there know who can do a coversion from 9 to 12 volt and use a lipo battery in my dx6
   transmitter,,,,,,,,,i have a tranny that as been converted but it dos not give any indication who did it.....if any body
  can help i would be grate full
                                                                             regards
                                                              madmax

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
Re: spectrum dx 6
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 09:28:34 pm »

hope not the tx only uses a 4 cell pack , ie 4.8-6 volts , i use alkaline dry cells in mine and get well over a months use from a set of cells , my tx is often used two or three times a week and for around four hours at a time !

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 08:16:33 am »

Do you mean the DX6 or the DX6i?
DX6

DX6i

The DX6 takes an 8x cells which can be changed to a lipo pack with a bit of jiggery pokery, but you will need to keep an eye on the voltage level
As TJ said tho the dx6i only takes 4xAA cells

This is the one I have in my JR9303 (Same battery configuration as the DX6)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160990874567?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It is possible to do a lipo conversion on the DX6i but its a lot of hassle for very little gain over High quality rechargables

My son has a DX6i and we use these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-SANYO-ENELOOP-XX-AA-RECHARGEABLE-BATTERIES-2450-mAh-HR-3UWXB-4BP-/300931844015?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM&hash=item4610ef87af

Sanyo Eneloop XX. he flies a lot and they have been in the controller since Christmas and still have almost a full charge
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

MadMax

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 05:47:21 pm »

hi
     thanks to triumphjon and essex2 for replys the tranny i have is the spectrum dx 6 not the 6i......i also have one that usees standard
    battpack but only lasts a couple of outings ,,,,the set running on lipo  power lasts 5or 6 outings ...but thanks for replys ..i will wait
    to see if anybody eles post anything ...thanks guys

red181

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 09:50:59 pm »

personally I would not use lipos in a tx, they come off a discharge curve quicker than nims, so you could find, rather than steady voltage loss with nims, you go from a reasonable charged state with a lipo to a possible over discharge state very quickly, remembering as a rule 3.2v is the least you want  a lipo cell to discharge to or it maybe over discharged and not return to a charged state.

With one of my 2.4txs that takes 8 1.5v aa nims cells, I put an extra two inside the case, hardly every discharge more than 50%.

My DX6i's last for months with regular use using just 4 1.5v duracell cells

inertia

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 07:54:41 am »

I have found these to be ideal for transmitters. http://www.componentshop.co.uk/batteries/standard/instant.html
DM
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.