Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our lass electrics  (Read 3282 times)

Cavanblue

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Our lass electrics
« on: July 19, 2013, 11:32:39 pm »

Hi everyone, I am looking for some help, I need a wiring diagram to install all the electric components for my model, I'm looking to instal a working radar, winch, bow thruster, cooling pump, on my OUR LASS model but I need advice on which electrical components/wiring diagrams to get along with a good RC controller? All help would be greatly appreciated!!

Stavros

Re: Our lass electrics
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 11:42:25 pm »

Ask and you shall get an ans

http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/pdfs/Slipway%20Our%20Lass%20II.pdf

Welcome to the mafhouse next round at 6 bells and it's on your tab  O0 {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Dave

Cavanblue

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 12:48:11 am »

Cheers Dave!!  :-)) how do I add extra components to the circuit eg a winch rc controlled and I bow thruster? And can u advise on best rc controller for this model? Thanks again
Ben

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 06:37:49 am »

If Dave reads this he will probably jump in & help you, he did all the diagrams on the ACTion site. You will now find everything you want on The Component Shop site, as they bought ACTion when Dave retired. Mick B.
Mick B.

inertia

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 08:43:44 am »

You will find a winch shown in the wiring diagram for Bremerhaven (run through a P79 speed controller) and a bow thruster in the diagram for Avenger, run through a P93 Multicontroller on its 50% ESC setting. Both can be connected to spare terminals on the P92 in the original diagram.
For a decent radio you can't go far wrong if you stick to Hitec or Futaba. Unfortunately the functions you have selected need five proportional channels - one of which is for the P62 Quadswitch - and few radios have this these days. Channels 5 and 6 tend to be 2-way switched channels only e.g. marked "gear" or "flap" for aircraft use. You may have to use one or two P43 Single Relay switches on switched channels 5 and 6 instead of the Quadswitch, and reduce the number of lighting circuits accordingly.
Dave M

Cavanblue

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 03:37:01 pm »

Thank u Dave m! Great help! I'll get looking into the rc controllers later! I've also been trying to find a rc geared winch but can only find the sail winch! Any help here?? Thanks again!

Ben

Cavanblue

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 08:45:34 pm »

Hi dave, I'm wondering if you could draw me out a electronic circuit and all the components I'd require for the total build please!
I've the our lass model and I'm hoping to install the following components!
DC geared 540 motor 6:1 reduction
Steering servo
Bow thruster
Cooling pump
Rc working trawl winch
Nav lights
Deck lights
Radar
Noise and smoke generator
I want to install two 12v battery's for the motors alone, and one 12v battery for lights and one 6v for thruster! And a rc controller for the whole lot! I've seen your diagrams on action electronics but I just can't make up the circuit I want for all the components I'm going to install!
I would be very great full if you could please help me out with my project! Thank you very much
Kind regards
Brendan Cavanagh

Not a good idea to put your email address on open forum. It leaves you open to all sorts of nere do wells

Ken

inertia

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 09:14:03 am »

PM sent.

kmmbcwebmaster

• Full Mayhemer
    • Kingsmill MBC
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 09:34:59 am »

If your willing to wait for shipping from honk kong these are a good multi channel set that are becoming very popular our club alone has 9 members using these sets .would advice using paypal if purchase to have there protection if lost in post.Also when ordering from these keep your orders small and mark it as gift in checkout then don't get stung with import tax  :-))
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8992__Turnigy_9X_9Ch_Transmitter_w_Module_8ch_Receiver_Mode_2_v2_Firmware_.html
just tugging along

Looverlijn

• Shipmate
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 02:11:17 pm »

Hi dave, I'm wondering if you could draw me out a electronic circuit and all the components I'd require for the total build please!
I've the our lass model and I'm hoping to install the following components!
DC geared 540 motor 6:1 reduction
Steering servo
Bow thruster
Cooling pump
Rc working trawl winch
Nav lights
Deck lights
Radar
Noise and smoke generator
I want to install two 12v battery's for the motors alone, and one 12v battery for lights and one 6v for thruster! And a rc controller for the whole lot! I've seen your diagrams on action electronics but I just can't make up the circuit I want for all the components I'm going to install!
I would be very great full if you could please help me out with my project! Thank you very much
Kind regards
Brendan Cavanagh

Was planning to post a query about this exact problem and spotted "Cavanblu's" post (quoted above). I too am building Our Lass II and am looking for the exact same answers RE what switches to use, how many ESCs needed and so on. I have PMd Brendan but just in case he doesn't get it, I would really appreciate any info you have sent out.

Cheers
Paul
I used to be undecided but now I'm not so sure...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.