Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggested set up for BB Fairmont Alpine?  (Read 2437 times)

Ompa

• Shipmate
Suggested set up for BB Fairmont Alpine?
« on: July 21, 2013, 11:05:01 am »

Hello there.

[/size]
I'm new to this forum, and now i searching for some guidence for my new projekt.

I have just started building Billing Boats Fairmont Alpine and wonder now what recommending engine choice and suitable ESC I would need for this ship?

Yesterday I ordered a bow thruster from Dutch Raboesch and it will be delivered in this next coming weeks. I also would be very thankful for some guidance for how to set up the bow thruster along whit the other two electrical motors and ESC.

Also I'm thinking about install a sound module, navigation and working lighting in the ship, which I would need some help with the components, what I need and were to buy. Of course, if any of you have some electrical scheme over how it will be installed, and if you could provide it here on the forum I would be very thankful.

Previously I have built several model boats but never have them RC controlled, I only had them as display models and for the great pleasure to build.

Only easy day was yesterday...

Welsh Wizard!

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Suggested set up for BB Fairmont Alpine?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 12:21:33 pm »

Hi ompa,
I would suggest using action electronics as i use their esc's,sound modules etc.. in all my model boats.
These units are now sold by www.component-shop.co.uk
Have a look at the  wiring diagrams on www.action-electronics.co.uk for the billings fairmount alpine there are three diagrams in totall.
All the Best
Dave.
Chairman Barry Model Boat Club.

Ompa

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 02:06:44 pm »

Hi Dave.

And thank you for the information. Both websites were very informative, and I gonna order all the equipment I need for my project from Component shop.

Manny thanks.

david48

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 07:44:17 pm »

Hi Ompa
I am also building Farmount and have fitted bow and stern thrust I could have some Photos I could send you If you let me Have an email address I am going sailing for the next fortnight I will sort them out when I get back  as you have previous been told Action / Component Shop is the way ahead I have the motors fitted but no electronics yet .I have been taking advantage of the good weather to get some paint work done. As a matter of interest are the stanchions brass or white metal.
Good luck with your build keep in touch ,two heads are better than one

David

Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 06:26:36 am »

OMPA the wiring diagrams on the ACTion web site were done by Dave  for my Fairmount Alpine that I am very slowly building. As stated The Component Shop now sell ACTion electronics, keep us posted on your build, Mick B.
Mick B.

Ompa

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 09:27:35 am »

OMPA the wiring diagrams on the ACTion web site were done by Dave  for my Fairmount Alpine that I am very slowly building. As stated The Component Shop now sell ACTion electronics, keep us posted on your build, Mick B.

Hello David.
At first I have to exuse me for my late reply. Last sunday I have to rush away in some job related issues. I have now sent you my e-mail address to you as an private message.
I will keep you all posted on my progress whit the build, so I'm thinking of do some kind of build thread of my project.

Ompa

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 09:42:27 am »

Mick B, I'm allso a slow builder. Mostly due to my job, I work away from my home town on road constructions throughout in Sweden. Spend four to five nights a week in my caravan, which leave no space or time for model building... {:-{

My progress so far...

GAZOU

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 09:51:54 am »

you guys ideal wives: they let you tinker in the house

long ago that the mine would have given me a clean sweep! >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( <*<
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.