Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Part built parat  (Read 6740 times)

poll

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Part built parat
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 09:01:26 am »

cj If it's more convenient we are having a Evening sail & refreshments on the Saturday 17th Aug
  From 1600ish onwards everyone welcome.

John

cjcj121

• Full Mayhemer
  • If at first you dont succeed , get a bigger hammer
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2013, 12:51:48 am »

After a messy day painting the wifes room . I thought i would relax by doing a bit more on the Parat . The postie has been busy the last couple of days , bringing me assorted do - dahs for the boat . So i decided i would get all the wiring and switching modules in the hull completed . I honestly dont know how some of you guys ( and gals ) get your wiring as neat as you do . It took three attempts to get mine anywhere near neat and its still a bit scruffy . I had thought about adding sound to my model but it looks like i am running short on room now . I already had to make another deck over the Vsp's to hold the fuse box and such .

The wires dangling over the side are the servo extension leads for the superstructure and lighting module .

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Shiver me timbers...I've spilt me glue!
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2013, 07:13:30 am »

Looking good there, my wiring is a fire hazard waiting to happen lol.

Si:)
My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.

cjcj121

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2013, 12:49:35 am »

Made a start on the superstructure lighting this evening . Thought i had done really well too , but it seems the bulbs i have got burn far to hot to use in a plastic model . A few minutes after these pics were taken i noticed some of the plastic parts around the bulbs were going soft .So today i did more damage than good . Im going to look into leds .
But i throw the question out there as i obviously bought the wrong ones 12v wheat bulbs from a railway modelling shop . What are you all using as lighting on your models ?

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Shiver me timbers...I've spilt me glue!
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2013, 09:25:18 am »

You could try using 3v grain of wheat bulbs, they maybe better.

Looking excellent  :-))

Si:)
My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.

Jerry C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2013, 09:37:57 am »

On my Parat I ran fibre optical lines. All ahead lines off one bulb and all astern light off another.
Jerry.

catengineman

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2013, 05:45:57 pm »

As a note (and I'm not rivet counting)
The lamp units do number four but in real terms only one is lit at any given time, there are two port / starboard per side and the top is normally the secondary (24v) where the bottom is normally 220v main on this type of vessel which has no true ahead or astern is why there are two full sets of navigation lamps so it can navigate either direction and still display lights to denote size / direction and operations.
So bear that in mind and if you part up your lights so that only one works you may find that your heat problem vanishes, you can also switch to either set depending on which way your traversing your vessel

cjcj121

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 09:45:40 am »

So after a few days sulking , I am going to remove the nav boards which are a bit of a mess now and make some new ones . I have got some Leds now so hopefully i shouldnt have any more issues with heat build up .

Thanks for that info catengineman . Though even with just one of those bulbs operating , it is still hot enough to soften surrounding plastic , which is far from ideal .

cjcj121

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2013, 11:53:31 pm »

So after not being able to face the nav boards yet , I made a start on the external wheelhouse lights. Doesn't look too bad . Although the leds were brighter than expected , as can be seen in the last pic when i turned the flash off  . They give out very little heat , so should be good to continue .

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.