Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: far away places  (Read 2204 times)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
far away places
« on: August 04, 2013, 07:32:17 pm »

I am sure some of you will be missing Norsman's remarks & sarcasm over the next little while on the Forum. However never fear I am happy to report that he is at present taking in the sights of New York & that he will be here in Calgary with Phyllis & I for a great Canadian holiday in a few days. I am sure he will have lots to report & pictures to show when he returns to U/K. (he may even teach me how to add photos to my treads) if he does look out. Mick B.
Mick B.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: far away places
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 08:18:39 pm »

Mick,
Nice of you and your wife to extend such hospitality to a forum member.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 09:07:50 pm »

Hi Bob it is something we have done for a long time, it adds interesting people to your life & gives them a chance to see something & someplace they would not ordinarily  be able to afford to do. Up to now it has always worked out o/k for both, we hope to have more forum members visit with us in the future,Mick B.
Mick B.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 10:29:07 pm »

Dave ( Norseman ) & Jenny have arrived & brought nice British rain with them, However they are having a nice time, more to come later, Mick B.
Mick B.

Tombsy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 10:09:43 pm »

That's great Mick give them the Royal tour, we will be doing some fast boat testing at Elliston Lake on Sunday morning if anyone's interested.
Brian

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 11:49:43 pm »

It is with much regret we are returning Dave (Norseman) & Jenny to all you guys in U/K tomorrow.We think they had a good time, at least we are unable to get his jaw off his chest anyway. Sad to say we will actually miss him & Jenny.Our dog Jasper has taken a real shine to Dave, we think he will miss Dave more than we will. I am sure Dave will have a story or two about his trip when he gets back home, we covered about 4000Km while they were here.  Mick B.
Mick B.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 10:35:11 am »

tell him to bring that TR8 back with him, lol

glad you all had a good time.

neil.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 04:46:28 am »

Hi Folks

All descriptions of how big and beautiful Canada is are just woefully inadequate! ...but I will try.

On the prairie you have a 360 degree horizon of earth and sky whilst travelling along empty highways like a tooth on a runaway bandsaw. The immensity is almost disconcerting to a city dweller but you travel ever onwards under a sense of real anticipation. The birds of prey sat atop the postline were no less interested in what came into their view than were we; everything was a feast to be devoured. Crops providing a patchwork of summer hues on an epic scale, livestock, even some oil wells, and all constrained under a blue bowl and a marvelous summer light. The sense of history and man's endeavour is constant as we ate up the miles of road that lie between all Canadian destinations. Always on the look out for Elk, Deer, etc.

Then in that immense flatland you are almost instantly confronted by time in the form of Horsethief (shoe?) Canyon. What a view that was, and it tied in nicely with our trip to Drumheller and the Royal Tyrrell Museum's vast collection of Dinosaurs. Lunch was then taken at the Atlas Coalmine Museum - erm the open air section :) then ever onwards to Dinosaur Park and nature in the raw. For example a big dinosaur fossil is on show in a preserved dig. Wow! Just when I think the excitement is all over and it is time to retrace the long journey out there ....FUEL is low and not a pump has been passed on the prairie roads ... unbelievably I felt. So it's off to Brooks for fuel and we arrive with only 20 Kilometers in the tank. Now Mick's wife Phyllis was our driver and guide for the day (Mick was working on some other guys problem - sort of manly stuff but I really don't understand cars at all) and for that reason I had the truly nicest of surprises. Phyllis's mum lives in Brooks and we could only spend only ten minutes with her due to time lost .... but her mum is the true image of my long passed nan - it was truly lovely to meet her and I will always remember her fondly. So off we drove and Phyllis and Jenny were turning into Thelma and Louise ... boy was I glad those canyons were behind us  {-)

We all headed back home and by the end of the day we probably had 200 reasons to thank Phyllis. Mick had neglected to mention that Phyllis was one of Canada's natural wonders and possessed a heart bigger than all we saw that long day  O0

It's getting late so tomorrow I''ll tell you about the mountains and Mick.

Dave

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 06:27:53 am »

Where's the photos matey. {:-{

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 12:24:25 am »

In his I phone Neil Mick B.
Mick B.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.