Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Got my L plates!  (Read 1381 times)

notime4it

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Got my L plates!
« on: August 21, 2013, 11:45:30 am »

G'day, Another newbie...
I've built & destroyed aircraft of all sorts since grade 1 at school & still have about 5 projects & 10 repairs on the go. Eh, i'll finish 'em one day!
But a few weeks ago I spotted some guys at the local marina with a heap of sail-boats... I went down to watch & was promptly handed a transmitter & told,
"You look like a sailor, have a go at this"
Well, i'm no sailor & after 5 minutes, I was hooked! This fella let me sail his scratch build until my fingers were numb. If you read this, hey, thankyou!!
So,
All planes are on hold while I bang together an "el cheepo Monsoon".
Don't worry, I know their reputation & have a very limited budget but love a challenge. & it looks good too!
I've loaded up the bulb (made my own shot with old wheel weights). Already had spare transmitter/reciever/battery etc..
upgraded the rudder servo with a metal geared one & am currently sorting out the hatch cover leaking issues & replacing the plastic fingy on top of the mast with a longer alloy version.
(the mods were found on this site).
I want to thank all who have gone before for the wealth of infomation & experience I have found here, without you guys I wouldn't be able to consider this side of r.c.
Cheers!

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
Re: Got my L plates!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 01:27:08 pm »

Welcome to the madhouse,you don`t have to be mad,but it helps.Good luck for the future in model boats.baloo

notime4it

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Got my L plates!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 12:38:40 am »

Thanks Baloo,
Maiden voyage was on last Sunday & with a lot of help it went really well. A few more mods, well, (actually when does it stop) a lot more mods & it might be reasonably competitive.
Cheers all. :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.