Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "SLOOPY" revamped and available again.  (Read 12700 times)

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
    • Chasewater Model Boat Club
Re: "SLOOPY" revamped and available again.
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 05:13:39 pm »

As you can appreciate, the huffy hullis not too big, so space and "weight" [more importantly] is at a premium.
It ia difficult to advise on battery size/capacity as its all dependent on the motor size and battery drain due to its length of time used on the water.

Its a difficult one to try and balance out.    weight versus sailing time

if you put too much weight in, the hull will sit too low in the water and the semi surface piercing prop wont be able to do its stuff, plus if you try and balance the weight forward towards the nose, you can make the boat prone to diving like a sub given half a chance!

It may be better to keep it light and have to reluctantly swap batteries more often, but at least the boat will skip across the water like a scalded cat [ha ha].

if you go for bigger/heavier abttery to increase sailing time,, as said above, the slightest wave or even crossing over your own bow wash can put the nose in to the water and its "dive dive dive !"

But, release the throttle and within seconds its bobbing back up to the surface "right side up" again and ready for action, no harm done.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.
Treasurer & Membership Secretary:  Chasewater Model Boat Club
http://chasewatermbc.blogspot.com/

airwolf572010

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2011, 03:32:20 am »

Hello all and especially greg whom I thank greatly for help and information.

Here is a Sneaak preview of the new Sloopy Brushless Hull.

I have chosen the Black as It looks Develish and I want to little boat to go like the Devil fast.

You will see three pictures and I have ordered all 3 sets of Decals which have been especially designed for me in gold to match the Black.

So Looks like after all the negoations between Deaks and Me hough are finished we will be running 2 stock and One unlimited now called Huffy's.

I hope you all like them Im excited about the gear which will be going into the Unlimited version and expect her to fly. I will supply pictures of the finished product.

Armo :-))

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2011, 08:47:35 pm »

Many thanks for your comments, greatly appreciated.
Please keep in touch with us and let us all know how you get on with them.
Please use the clubs email address and send us some video clips over and i;ll put them on our clubs website for you too, no problem.

feel free to keep in contact, if any of our club members can assist you [even if I cannot], I'll always "put the word out" for you.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 01:05:11 pm »

HUFFY [Sloopy] Availability.

Mark [our club chairman] Who purchased the hull moulds from prestiwch Models has come to an agreement with Deaks Models, to whom he will supply the "hull kits" for "Retail sale".

Deaks Models will be our "OFFICIAL SUPPLIER" for them.

So now anyone wishing to opurchase one of these super fun boats WITH full SELF RIGHTING ability.:

www.deaksmodels.com

e.mail: sales@deaksmodels.com

mark can post/ship ALL hull kits AND any other spares , rudders, motors, propshafts, props, batteries, esc's, radio gear and servo's you may need to complete your very own HUFFY.

Best wishes.

Steve. G.

Driftmills

• Shipmate
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2016, 11:15:08 am »

Hi. Does anybody know if it's possible to buy Sloopy/Huffy hulls anywhere or even if they are available.
I have tried the link on this page to Deaks models but it does not work. Thanks in advance Simon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.