Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brushless advice  (Read 1476 times)

bubbletop409

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Brushless advice
« on: August 30, 2013, 06:37:58 pm »

I have a couple of questions regarding brushless motors in a dual drive configuration with one motor turning in the opposite direction.
1  Can two brushless motors be controlled with a single speed controller if you split the signal and use a controller with a high enough rating to satisfy the needs of both motors?
2  Can a brushless motor be made to rotate in the opposite direction by reversing two of the leads like in a DC application?
I am looking for information to set up two brushless motors, one turning in the opposite direction, both controlled by a single controller for use in a scratch built 1/16 th scale Air Sea Rescue boat, 62.5" OAL, and RTR weight should be in the low 20 lbs. range.
Thanks for the help, Larry

gribeauval

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tidy Bench -Tidy Mind, Messy Bench - BUSY!!
Re: Brushless advice
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 06:51:09 pm »

I have a couple of questions regarding brushless motors in a dual drive configuration with one motor turning in the opposite direction.
1  Can two brushless motors be controlled with a single speed controller if you split the signal and use a controller with a high enough rating to satisfy the needs of both motors?
2  Can a brushless motor be made to rotate in the opposite direction by reversing two of the leads like in a DC application?
I am looking for information to set up two brushless motors, one turning in the opposite direction, both controlled by a single controller for use in a scratch built 1/16 th scale Air Sea Rescue boat, 62.5" OAL, and RTR weight should be in the low 20 lbs. range.
Thanks for the help, Larry

Answers: 

1)  NO, they each need an esc as they are three phase motors.

2) YES, switching any two of the three leads to the motor will make it run in the opposite direction.

Mike
True Lifeboat Nutter!!

bubbletop409

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Brushless advice
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 05:10:36 am »

Thanks Mike I appreciate the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.