Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moonsoon 900  (Read 19755 times)

romainpek

Re: Moonsoon 900
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2007, 09:03:02 am »

Ah ! a last bonus picture for today ! You get for free the image of a fellow Model Boat Mayhem Forum member.

See the English guy in the middle ? with no boat ?

That's Tigertiger, the Shanghainese.  :)

romainpek

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2007, 09:14:14 am »

I've been sailing yesterday again. The air was very still, at no point did my new hatch touch the surface. However I still had plenty of water inside...

How come ?

I think I found the reason next to the keel box... a hair wide crack in the hull !  :o :( >:(

caiserjiang

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2007, 12:17:55 am »

Hi romainpek,

I'm Caiser.
I'm so sorry to see a crack of your Monsoon 900. I think you need to cover paint on it. Or do you need some help from me?

Best Regards,
Caiser Jiang

romainpek

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2007, 09:55:52 am »

Hello Caiser !

I fixed the crack with epoxy. I plan to repaint the hull and try again the boat in September (approx).

romainpek

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2007, 03:14:27 pm »

My Monsoon isn't ready yet but we had a nice sail session last sunday.

For the first time, a chinese modeler joined us, the famous Captain Ding !

He made his own IOM and surprisingly, he's much faster than our Monsoons...

See also below the latest Monsoon deco made by my friend Eric, using Chinese paper cut-outs .

romainpek

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2007, 03:05:11 pm »

This is my new simple deco : silver on the deck, blue hull and yellow fins. Hence her new name "Fusilier" like the fish.

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2008, 07:29:16 am »

Instead of starting a new thread, I felt it best to revive Romain's post with an update.

Here in Hangzhou, we have 8 Monsoons on the water with several other new sailors eager to join in on the fun as we start our .9m class summer racing season this month.  Sailing on fabled West Lake & nearby Xiang Lake, we have some of the most picturesque places to sail, with steady breezes that guarantee there is always wind at our back.   

We always have spare boats available for anyone who may be passing through, so feel free to join us if you happen to be in this part of China.   

You can see more photos as well as follow the progress of the West Lake Irregulars at: http://www.subpirates.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4320

Chuck

"China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.