Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rheumatism  (Read 2045 times)

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
rheumatism
« on: September 05, 2013, 06:57:09 pm »

<:( Seems my rheumatism in my hands is getting worse,getting stiff and very painful tried to do a bit on one of my models only managed half hour,must go back to doc's has anyone who has the same problem got any idea's to help,Ray <:( <:( <:(               
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

gribeauval

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tidy Bench -Tidy Mind, Messy Bench - BUSY!!
Re: rheumatism
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 07:05:52 pm »

You have my sympathies as I have arthritis in both thumbs and it makes building my lifeboats a real pain!!

I work in short bursts and keep taking the anti-inflammatories (Indometacin for my bouts of gout work wonders with the pains in my thumbs).

Mike
True Lifeboat Nutter!!

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 07:13:23 pm »

<:( thanks for that I have booked doctors appointment for tomorrow hope he has something for it,just too painful,Ray <:( <:( <:( 

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 11:12:54 pm »

I think pain comes for free with age, in my case lots of it. They talk about the golden years, I happen to think they are the rust years. they certainly are not for wussies.I hope the doctor will be able to help you Ray. Mick B.
Mick B.

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 07:55:35 am »

:-)) Thanks for all your replies guys,happy modelling,Ray. :-)) :-)) :-))   

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 08:22:06 am »

I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis in my knees, shoulders, arms and hands...my knees sometimes resemble cauliflowers, my hands can look like a pair of toads on the ends of my arms, and I'm now limited as to what I do and how long I can do it for. I can hardly walk now, and standing up for any amount of time is a luxury. I can't even shower myself, I have a carer comes in for an hour a day to help me shower and to prepare my lunch and dinner for me.

I'm still building my subs, but I have to ask a great deal of favours from friends to make me things, things I could have made in ten minutes before this lot happened.

The pain of RA has to be suffered to be believed, it's agony sometimes...I confess to almost going down the road of 'the alternative to living' a couple of times. You can't concentrate, you don't even know which way is up some of the time.

If you have twinges in any part of your body, then go to your doctor and get it sorted...early diagnosis can help a lot, and may save you a lot of pain and frustration in your future life. I didn't...I put it down to old age aches and pains, and ignored it for years. I wouldn't like to see any of you guys going through what I do on a daily basis.
Rich

K-157 Vepr. Akula-II (project 971U)
---------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~  "Motorflotes need love too...."  ~~~~~~~

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 12:12:31 pm »

with you there Rich, especially in the shoulders legs hips wrists fingers, back.......any conceivable place possible.

the answer is to do  slow and steady, and when painful do something that doesn't hurt as much.

and now that the weather is getting wet and windy, it hurts even more <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( <:( <:(

neil.

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 03:28:15 pm »

i am getting a few twinges now and again at 82 and 6 mths i suppose i must expect it. but have my yearly medical next month will mention to the doctor thanks for advice

Rooster

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 08:10:51 pm »

I'm forever getting gout in my toes and ankles ...one toe in particular is horrendous ...I virtually begged them to remove it but they refused. On top of all my other medical problems things can get on top of me. But even with all this I refuse to let it stop me  :-)

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 08:17:13 pm »

:-)) You guys put me to shame my aches are nothing to what you have to put up with,anyway thanks for your ideas I will try them,Ray. :-)) :-)) :-)) 

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 08:35:52 am »

A friend told me about taking Glucosamine plus Chondroitin tablets, to try to keep things under control. It does help, but it's not a magic wand.
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.

Stavros

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 08:58:07 am »

I'm forever getting gout in my toes and ankles ...one toe in particular is horrendous ...I virtually begged them to remove it but they refused. On top of all my other medical problems things can get on top of me. But even with all this I refuse to let it stop me  :-)

Tell Me are you eating a lot of Cheese/Chicken/  or anything with the red food colouring in it if you are then for goodness sake STOP .
Chicken is by far the WORSET culprit for GOUT it is hte enzimes in the meat juices that cause 99% of problems for gOut sufferes....believe  you me I SHOULD know !!!!!

Dave

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 11:35:56 am »

Shell fish, smoked salmon and to much fish in general, peas, especially mushy peas, green beans etc., are the prime cause of gout in my case and that of my brother in law.
LB who has been suffering for the last week.

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Shiver me timbers...I've spilt me glue!
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 12:03:40 pm »

I have the start of Rheumatism in my back so sitting is a pain. I also have Fibromyalgia that causes muscle cramps and tendon pain, this is all over but I do get it in my hands, fingers, wrists, arms and shoulders so modelling takes ages. I have to take rests and keep them warm. Can be very frustrating when your part through a model and fingers lock or the hand spasms...especially when gluing or painting.

Hope you can get some help and relief, just take your time mate. Stop when you have to, the model isn't going anywhere.

Si:)
My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.