Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: EBAY  (Read 10621 times)

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
Re: EBAY
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2014, 12:26:08 pm »

The magnificent Flee was generated to allow Joe Public to get rid of "Junk". The fact that some suffer from Bidding Fever is down to the bidder, not the seller or other must haves. Don't matter what rules are stated, someone will always find a loophole so if you don't want to play, don't bid. Ethics go out the window for two bidders wanting a 7/64" Whit die.

Regards Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

chris gillespie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2014, 12:48:38 pm »

I lost out to a guy who had 3 bid attempts in the last 13 seconds......

I assumed he/she had a few browser windows open, i dont think the snipping tool would or could have done that ? !!  {:-{ ...maybe it could...i dunno

The only reason i know is..... it was a tight auction and there was another intermitant bidder...that broke up the attempts.....maybe im reading too much into it maybe it was a flea bay glitch...

It doesnt really matter as all is fair....i was just interested and trying to work out how that could be done  :-))

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2014, 12:55:23 pm »

I always include an odd amount of pennies after a bid, so if I am prepared to spend £40, I might bid £40.29, this way I still have control if someone else puts in a later bid of £40 - or even £40.01 which I have seen too.
Grendel
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.