Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: spain  (Read 2312 times)

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
spain
« on: September 10, 2013, 03:13:11 pm »

if spain had won the Olympics where would the money come from another loan i soppose

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
Re: spain
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 05:29:01 pm »

probably would have charged everyone 50 euros as well to get through passport control  O0  - tapas you pocket for your money eh!
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 05:35:33 pm »

:-)) We would have been paying for two olympic's then :-)) :-))
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 08:14:52 pm »

Umm, as a soon to be ex-pat I can tell you the latest money making scams.

First home solar power is now out! You can't sell excess energy back to the grid, you have to give it for free. Anyone with solar is banned from having storage batteries. This is because the energy companies make nothing from you. In future only the energy companies can generate from solar.

Secondly the energy companies have petitioned the government on tariffs as well. energy price stays the same, standing charge for meters increases by 30% with vat charged on the top.

The reasoning is thus- electricity consumption is very low for 9 months of the year so the return on an increase in tariff is negligible, However increase the standing charge and as a company you are quids in. Even holiday homes that stand empty for months will pay a huge increase!

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 03:55:01 pm »

and i thought it was only the uk being ripped off

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 06:57:34 pm »

Spain does have its advantages though.... summer boating in the swimming pool. In the winter, at least where we are (out in the country) there are numerous 'aquifers' very large up to half an acre in size. Tthese are 2 mtrs deep with sloping sides and contain water to supply the surrounding farmland. Boating lakes all to myself! Of course by late spring these are empty for the most part so back to the use of the swimming pool {-)

On the whole though, the bad outweighs the good.  too much corruption in local, regional and national governments. Every petty official seems to be on the take.

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 02:11:31 pm »

now then no running down of the local council.as you will be censored by tiger tiger from. the land of the free

Footski

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 03:36:45 pm »

Having lived down here in Spain for almost 15 years, my experiences are on the whole very positive. I have found the local town hall, nothing but helpful and pleasant to deal with. I am most alarmed by the largly unfounded accusations of corruption at all levels. Spain is by no means corruption free, but then it costs so much less to run than Blighty.
I have never been asked or heard of anyone handing over bribes for favours. Oh and my water rates are running at about 80 Euros a year. In the UK, it is legalised theft!

Captbearuk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 04:54:06 pm »

Brian,
I believe there was corruption relating to building licences. Our local newspaper 'Sur in English' had an article about 90 local government officials being charged with corruption. I do think it's being rooted out and as Footskie commented, I don't think it's any thing more than happens in the UK.
On the subject of using local resevoirs for sailing; have you had any problems getting permission or have you not asked? In my area there is a recreational area near Ardales which I'm told is available to all. I've yet to visit and check it out.

Footskie,
I haven't forgot our plans to meet. Unfortunately it's been a chaotic year and I've got as many airmiles as your average Easyjet pilot. Hopefully things will calm down and I can relax a bit modelling.......the boat type.....not the catwalk type. :-)
Regards
Glyn

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 05:32:06 pm »

I wasn't talking about reservoirs. I'm talking about the large water holders that the farmers use. There are several near us and the locals don't mind me sailing on them, I'm not taking their water which would be entirely different {-) Biggest problem is launch and recovery as the water level drops! As to corruption, you only have to pick up any of the free weekly papers to read of another official someplace being charged with it.

On the whole though our part of Murcia region seems to be quite free of it.

Footski

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 07:32:22 pm »

Ah Brian,
I didn't realize you meant Murcia!!!!!That explains a lot.... %% %% %% %% %% %%

Glyn,

Been busy down here too. Mind you, you can sail non powered models on our lake......Not much good to me though. :police: :police: :police:

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 08:20:14 pm »

Ah Brian,
I didn't realize you meant Murcia!!!!!That explains a lot.... %% %% %% %% %% %%

Glyn,
Someone has to live there {-) {-) {-)

Captbearuk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 08:38:00 pm »

Brian,
I have work friends who choose to live in Murcia region, but they usually drink the amount of liquid that I'm looking to sail on! That's why I live in the Malaga region :-)

Footski,
I've just bought myself Thunder Tiger Victoria, just in case that's all that is permitted.
Regards
Glyn

gregorp

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 08:40:07 am »

Prophit from buying all those cheap ciggies in Gib
Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.