Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkshireman Tug  (Read 2661 times)

Ernie Mellor

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Yorkshireman Tug
« on: September 22, 2013, 04:48:08 pm »

Hi all

I'm hoping someone can help me.  I'm looking for a set of plans for the Deep Sea Tug Yorkshireman so I can scratch build her.

I did not know the model was available until I spotted her at a Navy day at my local rc boat club (Kirklees Model Boat Club).  The boat is personal to me as it was the last ship my father went to sea on before he was made redundant from United Towing in the late seventies.

If any one can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ernie

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Yorkshireman Tug
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 04:57:57 pm »

Hi mate, it may be worth getting in touch with model slipway they may be able to sell you a set.

Regards Dave.

Ernie Mellor

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 05:25:49 pm »

Hi

Yep done that today explaining what i'm trying to do but thought whilst waiting for a reply I would ask on here as I know this subject came up some time ago and the chap looking I think may have found some.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

Ernie

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 03:59:16 pm »

Ernie,
I used the Yorkshireman several times for different tows and scratch-built her using the original Cochrane Shipyard plans to show her in as-built layout.  I later passed a packet consisting of GA & Lines drawings plus photographs and publicity material to another Mayhem member who, I believe, passed them again to a third member. Unfortunately, as I cleared out my PM box a while ago, I cannot give you their names. Hopefully, they will see this and come forward.
All I can offer is scans of a United Towing publicity leaflet and a couple of photos but if you PM me your email address then I will gladly send them on. Also, although it is 20-odd years since I built her and my little grey cells are disappearing rapidly, if I can dredge up any info, I will.
Barry M

luke1993

• Full Mayhemer
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.