Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: model slipways puffer  (Read 11930 times)

bill jardine

• Full Mayhemer
  • More steam, MacPhail!
Re: model slipways puffer
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2013, 04:34:25 pm »

The Gael is making steady progress. I tend to jump around a bit, it stops me getting bored, but I continue to be impressed with the build quality of the model - a lot of thought has gone into getting it right, and it's working well, even for someone as clumsy as I.

I've used 1/64 ply to create the wooden cladding on the bow and the poop deck, and also to panel the lower half of the wheelhouse. It seems to have worked rather well. I looted one of the wife's old scarves and used it to create a tarpaulin for the hatch, and it looks OK. I struggled with the hatch cover wedges, and considered leaving them off, but eventually managed to fit them, and they do make a difference.

I will get some pics on later this week.

Would appreciate some pics of the anchor chain and winch setup, however, as I'm not clear on this, also more deck shots like the ones posted by Arrow5 of VIC32.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2013, 09:03:25 pm »

I think I`ve posted all I have , so anyone else got some ?  I`ve been looking for a "wee dug" for a companion for the skipper. Saw these , every zoo animal and keepers plus some doggies but none I think you would like.  Look for the brand Schleich  in toy-shops.
..well can you land on this?

bill jardine

• Full Mayhemer
  • More steam, MacPhail!
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2013, 02:47:21 pm »

I was going to post some pics, but for some reason they wouldn't upload. They're not big - jpeg files around 500kb - what am I doing wrong?

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2013, 03:47:12 pm »

think they need to be about 140kb max..........yours are too large by far, sorry to say. :-))

bill jardine

• Full Mayhemer
  • More steam, MacPhail!
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2013, 05:55:34 pm »

Thanks Neil - I'll have another go.

richald

• Full Mayhemer
  • Retired and loving it!
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2013, 06:15:56 pm »

Bill try this :-

http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

it installs itself, and appears on the drop down menu offering
various picture sizes - 800x600 will usually upload here . . .

Richard
Senior member of the OGG (Order of the Grumpy Gits)
Membership Number : 002

morley bill 1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2013, 10:55:56 am »

Bill the withernsea lads sail at Kelsey gardens Burstwick on Wednesday and sunday 11.00 onwards  bill....

bill jardine

• Full Mayhemer
  • More steam, MacPhail!
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2013, 11:23:13 am »

Thanks lads, I think I've cracked it using photoshop. Not yet ready to put to sea, thanks,  but will take a wander over to Burstwick anyway. Will take some fresh pics over  the next couple of days and have another go.

bill jardine

• Full Mayhemer
  • More steam, MacPhail!
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2013, 08:12:59 pm »

Little progress made lately, partly due to the looming festive season and the impending arrival of friends of France, and partly due to the nippy weather which has made the shed a rather uninviting prospect.
I've had one or two minor glitches, not least of which was knocking the model off the workbench, and damaging the rudder. Fortunately I had no faith in my soldering ability, and had araldited the assembly, so I was able to strip it back and rebuild it.
I struggled somewhat with the winch layout - couldn't work out the drawings re the steam pipework. I eventually downloaded model photographs from the internet, which gave me a better idea of what was happening. I also wanted to 'lag' the pipework, and tried a number of solutions which didn't work, including pipe cleaners, which seemed like a stroke of brilliance when the idea came to be at two in the morning, but were way over scale.
I ended up simply winding thread round metal rod, which seems to have done the trick.
All the sub-assemblies are done, but I'm building another ship's boat, as the first effort wasn't really satisfactory.
So far, so good.............

bill jardine

• Full Mayhemer
  • More steam, MacPhail!
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2013, 08:14:41 pm »

Hurray - it worked - this pic was taken a few weeks back, now I've got the hang of posting them I'll take some updates later in the week and put them on.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.