Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hunter sytems 6v esc info needed please  (Read 1646 times)

luke1993

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
hunter sytems 6v esc info needed please
« on: September 29, 2013, 06:11:31 pm »

hi
I have obtained a model slipway trent  its fitted with two hunter esc the design of these are very similar to electronize
can any one tell me anything  about these ,
took the boat out to day running it on 2 x 6v 4ah battery with 2 belt driven motors went very well to scale .
although the speed controllers are stamped 6v dc so is that it just seems low voltage
as I wouldn't mind boat having a little bit more poke like 2 x 8.4v or 2 x9.6v batteries   
has anyone used these speed controllers also in boat in hunter mixer and hunter distribution boards any help appreciated
cheers

HUNTER

• Hunter
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Is my cocoa ready yet?
    • Hunter Systems
Re: hunter sytems 6v esc info needed please
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 08:22:11 pm »

Hi Luke 1933
Looks like your luck is in as I manufactured these items back in the late 1980's until 1992. The ESC's (Advance was the name) were last produced by us in 1992 when the ZN409CE chip was last available. After this time Speed Controllers went Digital.
The choice at the time was down to either 6 or 12 volts (due to the relay coils working voltage) Do not use 12 volts on a 6 volt marked unit as you will burn out the relay.
Now on the side of the unit you will find two wee holes which were marked 'centre' and 'gain' if with everything running you use a small adjuster in the 'gain' pot you can turn up or lower the speed of the top and bottom speed of the unit. I would suggest that the seller had the gain turned down - try it.

The Hunter Mixer was designed and produced by us back in the early eighties and the unit preceded all what you see now on the market.
There are no adjusters on it so it was plugged into the Rx by the two plugs marked IP1 and IP2. The output was plugged into the two ESC's as OP1 and OP2. Any difference in the motor speed as unless the two motors were marked as a 'Balanced Pair would be run at different speeds due to their manufacture. That is were old technology wins over modern - with adjustment of the gain control on the esc you could adjust the difference out. Modern ones don't have this facility.

The Distribution Board idea came about in the eighties long before anybody had brought out similar units. I was one day taking the reading at the electricity meter when I had a flash, why not bring the fuse/distribution box out of the meter cupboard and design a unit that could act as a switched fuse board with one input and three outputs - the birth of the Distribution Board which has been copied a few times by competitors.
My Distribution Board is still available from me at Hunter Systems.

I hope this has sailed your boat, if you need any more information contact me on my email address or the shop.
Regards
Graham
Is my cocoa ready yet?

luke1993

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: hunter sytems 6v esc info needed please
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 08:42:52 pm »

yes mate I have those speed controllers and the mixer is best I have ever  used
also I have two of your distribution boards which are first class there 18amp with 10 amp fuses
I have played with the gain and got them running best I can  I did take the boat out sunday and a old guy who used to judge boats said its perfect on the water and its true to scale he did tell me the electrics I have set all your stuff in  his opinion is the best he has come across.
its just me wanting abit more speed but after your message I will leave all alone and I deffo will not put more than 6v through them .
thanks for taking the time to tell me about them
I really appreciate it
many thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.