Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Howdy from Texas  (Read 1188 times)

tennexican

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Howdy from Texas
« on: October 11, 2013, 04:14:53 pm »

Hello all,

Just joined the forum and Peter Fitness welcomed me, also inviting me to post a little bit about myself.  So...here goes.

I'm a freelance writer/professional modelbuilder living in Fort Worth, Texas, USA.  Despite the fact that I'm building a modified Pilot 40 model for a client, my first love and passion is aircraft.  Yeah, I know.  I've just put everyone in shock by speaking heresy!!  Regardless of subject...and I've built almost everything from kits to scratchbuilts with subjects ranging from aircraft to architectural models to boats & ships...I work primarily in plastic.

I joined this forum specifically to view photos of a Pilot 40 model that'd been built.  Couldn't find them and they were finally posted to Dropbox so I could transfer them to my computer.  Bottom line is that I don't know how much I can contribute to this forum, but I have no doubt that I'll learn something along the way.  If y'all (yes, I'm a southerner and Texan) are interested, I'll be happy to post a photo of the Pilot 40 when it's finished.  And if there is some way I can be of help to you, please feel free to contact me.

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
Re: Howdy from Texas
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 04:54:52 pm »

Hi there Tex,
I for 1 would love to see photo,s of your models, as a professional model maker
your models are probably of museum quality, as are mine, %) {-)
are your models static type, or are they working models?

john

tennexican

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 06:12:43 pm »

Hello John,

They're static.  If you care to see some of them, you can take a look at my website.  There's an architectural model I haven't added yet, but you may find some of the models interesting.  The site's located at http://modelbuilder.freeyellow.com

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 10:23:53 pm »

Brilliant. :-))

john
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.