Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, new guy...  (Read 971 times)

Schtoo

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hello, new guy...
« on: October 30, 2013, 02:29:50 pm »

Hello.

I got a PM telling me to come in here and say hello, so here I am, saying hello.

I'm not that experienced with these boat looking things, being part way through a Smit Nederland (Billings) and about 12 years ago 90% finished another Billings kit, the name of which escapes me.

I'd not be here if not for my 7 year old spotting the Nederland during a clean up, and deciding he 'wanted' it. It's too much for him, so I'll pick up something for him at some point. I think the 1/40 Waveny class thing from Billings will likely be it, something small enough for him to handle (physically) and get finished within a reasonable time.

I spent a lot of time (and money) racing 1/10 electric cars before I ended up here in Japan 11 years ago, so electric I understand well enough, except all this new brushless/lipo stuff is still something of a mystery. And cheap... :((

I'll stop there, and just read for the most part from here on out.

Stu.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello, new guy...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 03:21:32 pm »

Welcome to a great site for information and banter, any questions and there are those only too willing to help - usually with 'lots of photo's please'  :}
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Hello, new guy...
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 03:29:22 pm »

Greeting Stu!

Welcome to the Mayhem!

( As it's Wednesday, 'We'll be restoring normality as soon as we know what is normal!' )
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.