Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/200 Trumpeter Bismarck  (Read 10212 times)

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
1/200 Trumpeter Bismarck
« on: October 15, 2013, 08:38:19 pm »

After a bit of time away from the model boat business brought on by the failure that was my HMS Sheffield build  <:( , i decided to turn my back on the scratch build route and get myself a nice kit. Having spoken to a few people about the Deans kits i was eager to check one out for myself. Unfortunately i think i picked a pretty bad kit to check as the quality of the hull put me off pretty quick so it was on to the other big box in the shop. The Trumpeter Bismarck. Ive heard good things about Trumpeter kits and seen some good examples on this site so i left the shop with the big box under my arm and a slightly lighter wallet (thanks westbourne models :-)) )

Ive not had the time to start building any of the superstructure but i have managed to fit the running gear and electrics. I connected up today and seem to have an issue with the mtroniks Mixer so a bit of investigation needed there i think. other than thaat im enjoying it and looking forward to getting some time to carry on th work. hope you enjoy the pics

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1/200 Trumpeter Bismarck
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 06:37:39 am »

....watching with interest Timmer keep the pics coming as this may be my next kit, currently doing the Trumpeter Arizona. Could be rather a long build as I usually only get an hour or so a day what with work, dogs and SWMBO. It's a fantastic kit, have all the rc gear but currently just building up all the bits with photo etch. Also, almost time to insulate our new shed and buy a heater. Will try an post a few pics of mine soon. Are you not doing 3 prop shafts?

Robert

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 08:33:44 pm »

busy week with work so not had a lot of time to get much done. Managed to escape to the shed this afternoon though so while listening to the football i got some of the superstructure built. I havent glued anything in place but just wanted to get the major parts out so i can get them sprayed up before the detail work. Ive also moved the rudder servo so it all works a little better and is easier to get to once the deck is in place. Also ive decided to scrap the mixer idea as i just couldnt get it working and after a little internet research it seems im not the only one so im just going to connect the ESC's with a Y lead to one throtle channel and let the rudder do the work. Anyway heres a few pics of how im getting on. enjoy  :-)

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 08:40:30 pm »

Oh sorry robert i didnt answer your question. Im just doing the two props with a dummy iin the center. That was why i got the mixer but its all gone out the window now.  :-) I had a look at your arizona. Looking good  :-)) :-)) Im hoping trumpeter bring out the Hood in time for when i finish this. If not i might have to have a go at the Arizona myself

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 08:44:29 pm »

I need to resize the pics but lost patience last night. Must be the packing up the fags, getting all jittery as next Thursday is quit day.,.

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 08:51:08 pm »

ah your off the fags aswell. Im on day 9. Cant say im enjoying it but its all for the best i guess >>:-( >>:-(

ma1308

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 09:24:18 pm »

If you want something quick and easy to re-size your images try bulk image resizer I would not be without it now, link attached.

http://download.cnet.com/Bulk-Image-Resize-Manager/3000-12511_4-10837108.html

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 09:29:14 pm »

I'll try it tomorrow, getting tired now, what mixer did you try using on your Bismarck?

robert

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 09:36:07 pm »

I was trying to use the Mtroniks W-tail mixer with 2 x mtroniks viper 15 ESC. Apparently they dont like each other

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 06:47:48 am »

Action Electronics used to do some good mixers, Dave sold the business to the Component Shop I believe have a look there.

Robert

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 08:14:32 am »

HI Timmer p/m sent speak to you this afternoon.

Stan

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 01:56:20 am »

Thought ild take the some time on my lonely night shift to upload some pics of my recent progress. Everything internal seems to be going ok so ive taken some time on the superstructure. This is the first time ive used photo etched parts and im well impressed with the level of detail they give the model. Anyway hope you enjoy the pics and ill update soon as i progress  :-))

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 08:54:30 pm »

...looking good mate, haven't been out to the shed in a few, but hopefully this weekend. Did you sort out a mixer yet?

Robert

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 10:56:29 pm »

Hi robert

Ive been on nights all this week so i havent really had the oppertunity to look at the mixer situation but im hoping to escape to the shed sometime over the weekend.

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 12:41:36 am »

Heres a couple of pics to show my progress with the painting. Im not sure if the decks are a bit light so i may go over them again with something darker and then i guess the other question is whether to paint the stripes or not???

Sorry the pics are not that great, Im using my Iphone

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 06:47:55 am »

the decks look fine in your pics, maybe a wash to go just a shade darker, but its your choice.

robert

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 08:27:14 pm »

hi all

Been busy as usual with work but ive managed to crack on with some of the detail work and the paint job inbetween shifts. Hope you enjoy

[URL=http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/Tim_Mason-Hambidge/media/IMG_2799_zpscb13d463.jpg.html][/url]

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 10:29:48 pm »

very nice mate, gotta put that on my father christmas list.

robert

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 06:21:05 pm »

Its finally finished  :-) :-) :-) well all bar a few touch ups with a paint brush anyway. Ive had her on the water for sea trials and she performed pretty well. I need a little more weight to get her to sit lower in the water but other than that it went well. no pics unfortunately and it was only a quick run due to the wet weather but im hoping to get her out on the pond on a nicer day soon. Happy new year everyone and i hope santa brought you all what you wanted.  :-))

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 06:43:13 pm »

Hi Timmer a step up from Glynn Guest models. Looks good  I got  the 1/200 scale Missouri from santa. With the upgrade set from pontos it should make up to fine model all the best.

Stan Reffin
Kirklees Model Boat Club. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Richtea

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 08:21:11 pm »

Oh sorry robert i didnt answer your question. Im just doing the two props with a dummy iin the center. That was why i got the mixer but its all gone out the window now.  :-) I had a look at your arizona. Looking good  :-)) :-)) Im hoping trumpeter bring out the Hood in time for when i finish this. If not i might have to have a go at the Arizona myself

Good news from the Orient,
1/200 scale HMS Hood is due for release by Trumpeter due April/May 2014.
On the Boystown site it is on offer at the pre-order price of £215.99, the full price on this site is an eye watering £269.99. ( Good job I don't have the space, or I would be declared bankrupt. ) %%
SI VIS PACEM,
PARA BELLUM

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 06:47:08 am »

...looks smashing mate, nice job, hope all is well on the south coast, still damp on the levels but we have survived the worst of it. Off on hols soon for a week in the Canaries. By the time were back the shed should be a bit warmer and I'll plug on with Arizona.

Robert

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 05:42:07 pm »

good good robert. Im looking forward to seeing how your getting on with the arizona. Im in the process of convincing the wife that i should buy one myself.  :-))

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 05:44:03 pm »

Hi Timmer a step up from Glynn Guest models. Looks good  I got  the 1/200 scale Missouri from santa. With the upgrade set from pontos it should make up to fine model all the best.

Stan Reffin
Kirklees Model Boat Club. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Thanks stan. sure did turn out a lot better than the glynn guest disaster  {-)

looking forward to seeing the missouri. im sure she will make a fine model

all the best mate

tim

timmer

• Full Mayhemer
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 04:21:54 pm »

Finally ive managed to get her out on the water today. Had to find a gap in this lovely south cast weather but as you can imagine it wasnt hard to find some water to sail on. I also wanted to take a look at Fox Hills Lake in the new forest as until this morning i didnt even know it existed. A fine venue i might add with loads of parking, Plenty of space and easy to get to from my house. Only issue today was the wind but again due to the biblical floods weve had recently i managed to find a small pool just to the side of the lake that had a bit of shelter.  I hope you like the photos. shes a bit high in the water but thats easily sorted. Other than that i think shes finished. Ive really enjoyed this build and will hopefully start another one soon so i can have a few boats ready for the summer. Thanks for all the nice feedback and comments on here. Every little helps.  :-)) :-))

I think the last photo is my fave!! could almost be a real ship at a glance :-))
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 23 queries.