Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Engel Lafayette  (Read 3341 times)

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now)

• Full Mayhemer
Engel Lafayette
« on: June 08, 2007, 12:00:24 pm »

I have just purchased a part built Engle Lafayette has anybody built one ,if so, is there any advice as to any problems with the build and sailing
                                                                                         Cheers
                                                                                              BobB
I'm not old I'm mature middle aged

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
Re: Engel Lafayette
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 08:29:30 pm »

I have of these subs. Pretty stright forward, build your own yolk to link the the top and bottom rudders as the kit one is awful. You need to drill vent holes in the top of the rear free flood section, otherwise you need to hold the sub upside down in the lake to flood this section when youlaunch her. http://media.putfile.com/Woodrow-Wilson
The bayonet lock is the mission critical part so spend time getting this right.

http://

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now)

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 09:07:12 pm »

Thanks Mankster the bayonet-lock has already been fitted and seems to have been put together quite well have spent some time today sanding the two parts so they flush with the bayonet-lock
                                                       Cheers
                                                             BobB
I'm not old I'm mature middle aged

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 10:11:06 pm »

When you install the motor by tightening the nuts that hold the motor mount to the bulkhead, have an ammeter connected. When the current draw is the least, the shaft is dead straight. You may have to loosen some and tighen another to get it dead straight. This is because its pretty hard to actually install the rear bulkhead perfectly vertical in the hull. And dont overtighten, you can pull the embeded bolts out of the bulkhead. If you have any questions as you build, just ask  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.