Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie to RC Boating  (Read 1275 times)

scallywag1234

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Newbie to RC Boating
« on: October 16, 2013, 11:30:17 pm »

Hi All,

I have been flying RC planes for a while, but needed an activity to incorporate those bad weather days when flying is out, and also those days when i just need to chill and chat.

I was discussing with my father in law about getting into yachting, and he gave me a model he started about 20 years ago, before the RSPB ruined the lakes/quarries he used to go RC boating on, mainly Electric powered.

So I am currently building the Precedent Vosper Perkasa 1:24 scale MTB and have visited the local shop (Chatham Dockyard) for various supplies and advice.

The owner informed me that they have a club and use the Mast Pool in the Dockyard and to go and see and chat to some of the members.. Well it got me back to wanting to try the Yachting so i went and bought a cheapy Monsoon 900 and hopefully that will arrive soon !

Needed to find some help with the mods and fixes that I was sure were needed and have been using this site to find some info which i have found some posts by boomer1 that appear to be very incisive and hope to gleam more info and start getting into the sailing and potentially racing with better yachts in the future.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Newbie to RC Boating
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:47:01 am »

Hi Scallwag!

Welcome to the Mayhem!

How you getting on with the Precedent Perkasa kit? I hear they 'take quite a a bit of building'!
Please feel free to post photos of your progress...

Monsoon 900 build:
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14796.0.html
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,33454.0.html

Martin
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

scallywag1234

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 09:54:18 am »

Unfortunately its a bit of a slow progress as the small amount of plans that supposedly came with it are missing after 20 years, and also the accessories are very basic, cant believe the balsa blocks supplied for a 40mm bolfor gun !  :o   Its getting there but if you know of anybody with the basic instructions and or any plans, please send them my way, or poin me in the right direction.

Thanks for the threads on the Monsoon will check them out

Dave Cook

• Cookie
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Keep on Rockin
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 08:35:48 am »

Hi Scallyway , I am building a 1:24 Perkasa kit myself , I know what you mean about the kit VERY VERY basic . I have plans ect if you need them i could copy them and send them on.
Dave :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.