Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parcels  (Read 1362 times)

sinjon

• Sinjon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Bioat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
Parcels
« on: October 17, 2013, 08:19:21 am »

I am about to sell a hull on ebay, the problem is its155cms long. Does anyone know of a parcel service that will accept it without charging the earth.
I need a price, but of course until it is sold I will not have a delivery post code.

Colin
Colin

Hellboy Paul

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Parcels
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:25:20 am »

Try Interparcel or Parcel2go..

Paul.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 08:39:40 am »

Yes Parcel2Go, the Hermes 'drop in service' is cheap!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Seaspray

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the best model boat site
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 08:40:23 am »

Just watch and check as some of the couriers listed on Parcels2go may not deliver to your area. Also go right through the process of sending it with a few of them. I found the price could jump up from what is stated on their link at Parcels2go.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 09:20:03 am »

I sold a tug hull a few moths ago on here. It was large at about 115cm. I just about got it within the maximum size for myhermes, and it cost about a fiver to send. However i think your hull would be too big, and you'd be better off with another courier. Doubtful it would be more than £10-12 to send though.

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 09:23:26 am »

had really bad experience of parcel monkey so my recommendation is keep clear !-

have used        ipost parcels,   they were good,

citiylink were also good for me,
all in all its just another brick in the wall......

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 09:23:49 am »

Our beloved Post Office (Sorry, their beloved Post Office) will charge extra for anything over a metre long.  I tried to send a 500g fishing rod to Sweden and it cost me nearly 50 quid.
Check the web and local paper most parcel companies can pick up and delivery at your convenience.
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

luke1993

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 11:18:13 am »

my hermes up to 120cm long up to 15kg  £9.80 I use it all the time any parcel up to 2kg =£4.80  2-5kg  £5.20 and so on
cheers

luke1993

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 11:22:41 am »

also I sold a model slipway trent sent it to Australia  it got there in 4 days via ups insured for £800   total cost plus insurance  £140
I think that's good it was big on wooden base and wooden frame
the only one s I use is myhermes ups and used parcel monkey with no problems all these are much much cheaper than royal mail
although parcel monkey and myhermes are uk only I recommend ups for international

hmsantrim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 04:41:00 pm »

Hi Colin.
 I can recommend parcel Monkey.  I have sent @ 10 items with them this year all around the uk from a built aerokit solent to a forum member to a set of 6ft sub hull mouldings sold on E-Bay. Parcel to go are a waste of time if its longer than 36in.  Parcel monkey have a coy called night freight who take stuff like canoes and they have taken all my big long bulky stuff.
 If you do the packing properly you should `nt have any problems. As skin the hull in bubble wrap then make a thick wedge of bubble wrap and tape one over the bow area and one over the stern area to act as a buffer so that the parcel can be stood on either end.  Build a carton using several others and place your hull inside.  They will E-mail you the lable to print off and attach to the box.
 frank.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.