Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• MAYHEM at WICKSTEED!: May 24, 2014 - May 25, 2014

Author Topic: Re: Mayhem at Wicksteed 2014  (Read 175220 times)

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
Re: Mayhem at Wicksteed 2014
« Reply #200 on: May 02, 2014, 05:26:02 pm »

ok question from Ian. WHAT SIZE IS THE WICKSTEED LAKE! IMPORTANT SO HE CAN SORT OUT EXPLOSION SIZE!!!!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
« Reply #201 on: May 02, 2014, 06:23:30 pm »

Approx 90m by 30m give or take a metre or two.
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2014, 02:15:26 pm »

Promise this will be the last time I say this %)

I'll be seeing the Events manager on Monday morning to get a definite answer on the camping site prices for the Mayhemer's who wish to camp. At the moment the Events Manager is still away until Monday but we do know that you will need telephone the camping site receptionist (she is called 'Flo') and as soon as the confirmation of what we will be paying for the campsite she can book the sites for you at the price agreed. Until Monday… :-))
Telephone number for campsite is 01536 512475
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #203 on: May 03, 2014, 03:27:51 pm »

Mines already booked!!
full time penguin

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
  • roll on mayhem at wicksteed 2016 !
« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2014, 07:59:11 pm »

Mines already booked!!
a 5 star hotel down the road dont count !

lets just hope this one floats !!
fire at will ! ... which one is will ?

Mrs Stav

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2014, 10:29:39 pm »

well klunk as Catherine likes nibble I'd say big ones    :o  ;D ;D  :embarrassed:

Question for stavros and Kelly,  what size danish buns do I need to get???
Where's the cake ??? I only joined for the cake !!

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2014, 10:49:55 pm »

errmmmmmm lost for words! and im glad you said catherine!!!
full time penguin

Mrs Stav

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #207 on: May 04, 2014, 09:41:26 am »

Well thats a first you lost for words  :o

errmmmmmm lost for words! and im glad you said catherine!!!
Where's the cake ??? I only joined for the cake !!

html

• Full Mayhemer
  • Gipping Valley Model Boat Club
« Reply #208 on: May 05, 2014, 09:01:24 pm »

Mayhem Weekend Safety Rules

This is a fun event for everyone to come and enjoy themselves, so please do read the following rules carefully
All clubs, club members and traders must adhere to these rules for the safety and comfort of everyone at the event, failure to do so may result in that club, club member or trader being asked to leave the event.

1.   No entering the water at all.
2.   Only committee designated people are allowed in the water at any time. If you require assistance with your model please ask one of these people, do not enter the water yourself.
3.   The only people allowed in the water are:- SteamboatPhil, Mrs SteamboatPhil (Steph), Klunk (Pete), Stav (Dave) and a couple members of the Wicksteed Club.
4.   You cannot drive across the railway to park your car. All cars must be parked in the designated car park, this is very close to the lake.
5.   No running of fast IC boats
6.   If a slow IC boat is going to be run it must be first checked by D203 Bill
7.   No running of fast electric boats, without first getting permission from a member of the organising committee
8.   No running of RTR models without first getting permission from a member of the organising committee
9.   No running around the edge of the lake
10.   Before powering up any 27 MHz or 40 MHz models you must first check the frequency board to ensure your slot is clear, if your slot is not clear please change crystals or wait for your slot to become clear.
11.   Rule 9 does not apply to 2.4ghz controlled models unless 27 MHz or 40 MHz is used for other controls on the model
12.   After running any 27 MHz or 40 MHz model, please remember to remove your peg from the frequency board, so others can use that frequency
13.   Only traders situated in the traders area are allowed to trade at the event
14.   If asked to clear the water of models, please do so as quickly as possible
15.   There will be restrictions in the use of the 40mhz frequency during one of the displays over the weekend

Everyone please read these rules, they will ensure the event goes off as smoothly as possible, with everyone having as much fun as possible
I do not suffer insanity, I quite like it!

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #209 on: May 05, 2014, 09:06:34 pm »

Mayhem Weekend Safety Rules

This is a fun event for everyone to come and enjoy themselves, so please do read the following rules carefully
All clubs, club members and traders must adhere to these rules for the safety and comfort of everyone at the event, failure to do so may result in that club, club member or trader being asked to leave the event.

1.   No entering the water at all.
2.   Only committee designated people are allowed in the water at any time. If you require assistance with your model please ask one of these people, do not enter the water yourself.
3.   The only people allowed in the water are:- SteamboatPhil, Mrs SteamboatPhil (Steph), Klunk (Pete), Stav (Dave) and a couple members of the Wicksteed Club.
4.   You cannot drive across the railway to park your car. All cars must be parked in the designated car park, this is very close to the lake.
5.   No running of fast IC boats
6.   If a slow IC boat is going to be run it must be first checked by D203 Bill
7.   No running of fast electric boats, without first getting permission from a member of the organising committee
8.   No running of RTR models without first getting permission from a member of the organising committee
9.   No running around the edge of the lake
10.   Before powering up any 27 MHz or 40 MHz models you must first check the frequency board to ensure your slot is clear, if your slot is not clear please change crystals or wait for your slot to become clear.
11.   Rule 9 does not apply to 2.4ghz controlled models unless 27 MHz or 40 MHz is used for other controls on the model
12.   After running any 27 MHz or 40 MHz model, please remember to remove your peg from the frequency board, so others can use that frequency
13.   Only traders situated in the traders area are allowed to trade at the event
14.   If asked to clear the water of models, please do so as quickly as possible
15.   There will be restrictions in the use of the 40mhz frequency during one of the displays over the weekend

Everyone please read these rules, they will ensure the event goes off as smoothly as possible, with everyone having as much fun as possible
All understood However i don't understand rule 11. which talks about rule 9 which means no running around the lake side. ??
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

Hellboy Paul

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2014, 09:07:46 pm »

Having carefully studied the rules I take it we can run round the lake as long as we are on 2.4ghz....

Paul.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2014, 09:10:11 pm »

Having carefully studied the rules I take it we can run round the lake as long as we are on 2.4ghz....

Paul.
Thats what got me thinking. Anyway the avarage age group at Mayham may not be able to run very fast  {-)

Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

html

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #212 on: May 05, 2014, 09:12:53 pm »

Ian-mccaffrey has sent me a couple of rules he ask that people follow during the set up of his display and during it

If you want to use any 40MHz equipment 15 minutes before the display starts you need to check with Ian first before doing so. We will post the time of the display on the day
Any boats in the water must be 5 metres away from the display craft
If you wish to have your warships in the water for effect during the display, again it must be 5 metres away from the display craft (the display model is a Bismark)
10 minutes before the display starts Ian will fire a maroon, 5 minutes before the display starts Ian will fire 2 maroons
There will be tannoy announcements during the day reminding you of the display

html

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #213 on: May 05, 2014, 09:14:26 pm »

Revised rules, that's what comes from typing faster than the brain is working

1.   No entering the water at all.
2.   Only committee designated people are allowed in the water at any time. If you require assistance with your model please ask one of these people, do not enter the water yourself.
3.   The only people allowed in the water are:- SteamboatPhil, Mrs SteamboatPhil (Steph), Klunk (Pete), Stav (Dave) and a couple members of the Wicksteed Club.
4.   You cannot drive across the railway to park your car. All cars must be parked in the designated car park, this is very close to the lake.
5.   No running of fast IC boats
6.   If a slow IC boat is going to be run it must be first checked by D203 Bill
7.   No running of fast electric boats, without first getting permission from a member of the organising committee
8.   No running of RTR models without first getting permission from a member of the organising committee
9.   No running around the edge of the lake
10.   Before powering up any 27 MHz or 40 MHz models you must first check the frequency board to ensure your slot is clear, if your slot is not clear please change crystals or wait for your slot to become clear.
11.   Rule 10 does not apply to 2.4ghz controlled models unless 27 MHz or 40 MHz is used for other controls on the model
12.   After running any 27 MHz or 40 MHz model, please remember to remove your peg from the frequency board, so others can use that frequency
13.   Only traders situated in the traders area are allowed to trade at the event
14.   If asked to clear the water of models, please do so as quickly as possible
15.   There will be restrictions in the use of the 40mhz frequency during one of the displays over the weekend

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #214 on: May 05, 2014, 09:15:45 pm »

:-))

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2014, 04:25:28 am »

and after reading all that . i think we are going to have a great weekend !  :-))  cant wait to see you all there !

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2014, 06:45:32 pm »

I booked my caravan pitch today. I got a £4.00 per night discount. Ask when you book in ,my caravan work out at £16.00 per night. :-))

Captain Povey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #217 on: May 07, 2014, 02:16:14 pm »

Hi All, Campsite now booked for Friday and Saturday night. My thanks to whoever got the discount. As am planning to bring two old models for the historic midday RN review is it soon to book my Majestic class Caesar in at 40.875 and my scout class cruiser at 40.675. Thanks Graham

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
« Reply #218 on: May 07, 2014, 04:55:42 pm »

Bill does this mean you can`t run your IC ARUN!

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #219 on: May 07, 2014, 04:58:16 pm »

keep hitting to many buttons & repeating what I just done

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #220 on: May 07, 2014, 05:44:45 pm »

Bill does this mean you can`t run your IC ARUN!

Thank you for thinking of my boat. Yes I can as slow IC boats can be run, however they have to be check over by me and fit to be run at a public display such as Mayham is.

However It takes up lots of room in my car so IF you would like to see Mable Alice at Mayham let me know. (VOTE NOW)  I have a tamar and a canal boat i need to fit in my car + camping kit and gennys to bring with me.

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #221 on: May 07, 2014, 05:57:26 pm »

Tell Genny to bring her own  :D :D

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #222 on: May 07, 2014, 06:01:40 pm »

However It takes up lots of room in my car so IF you would like to see Mable Alice at Mayham let me know. (VOTE NOW) 
I'd love to see it

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2014, 06:42:46 pm »

Yes bring it along as I will be bringing my lifeboats (on roof rack-as well)

Stavros

« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2014, 07:55:37 pm »

Well If I have to bring the Happy Hunter along then YOU got to bring her

Dave
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.