Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Annoyed / 1/16 Tamar  (Read 5544 times)

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
  • The building never ends
Annoyed / 1/16 Tamar
« on: June 15, 2007, 01:56:03 pm »

I have waited in for the last few days for my delivery from model slipway.

popped out to the petrol station so i have fuel for sunday leaving a not on the front door to leave on doorstep and the courier has been and left a note in the door without leaving my boat.

Phoning the jobsworth courier he says he cant re-deliver my parcel until MONDAY and i cant hunt him down to collect it as he is out the area now!!!!
so why not knock next door she is in 24/7 and could of signed for it!!

resulting in me being VERY VERY HACKED OFF and VERY dissappointed with both partys!

sorry for the rant but im annoyed

Jay

1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

furs307c

• Shipmate
  • Model Bioat Mayhem Forum is theBest!
Re: EXTREMELY HACKED OFF
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 02:01:02 pm »

Was it your fsb tenby??

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 02:04:39 pm »

yep my little fsb tenby shall be here LATER then expected >:(

Jay
1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

Seaspray

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the best model boat site
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 02:04:55 pm »

Our posty won't leave parcels but the courier will under the car in the hedge over the back gate (7ft tall)

banjo

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 02:06:39 pm »

Gloom Gloom

C U Sunday  

"Run what you brung"

cheer up

"it is often better to travel than to arrive"

alan

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 02:12:20 pm »

Will be sailing sunday with my Schutze and tug, wanted to have the FSB on the water sunday aswell but cant.

In my eyes the courier company need to be changed for a more substantial one that arent run by people who have no base and havent even got a email address or phone number.

Jay

furs307c

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 02:17:26 pm »

I hate couriers, its like they wait until you go out for 5mins then try and deliver >:(

banjo

Re: EXTREMELY HACKED OFF the Up side
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 02:29:55 pm »

It may have a happy ending..

Your "SWMBO" will be a bit sad you didn't get your Fathers Day pressey...
you never know she may make it up to you in another way..............................

;)

Model_Slipway

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 02:38:09 pm »

Jay,

Our courriers Fastways do have an email address and a phone number. And if you want to contact them you will need a tracking number.

Our courriers are trustworthy and will not delivery next door unless instructed to do so by ourselves, this is in the event of a claim.

Had you told me at the time of order "if no one is in, please delivery next door at No..." then I would have mentioned this on the parcel and they would have done so.

Any problems with the kit please contact us.

Thank you.
Jackie

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 02:51:22 pm »

Fully understandable on your behalf, im sure the kit is absolutly fine and brilliant quality as usual.

But the note left by courier does not have the tracking number on the slip which is his error for not writing it and he was very rude over the phone almost to the extent that i wasted his time coming all this way for me not to be in, very irate and didnt want to know sums it up.

common sense would of been to phone and see if i was in/or to arrange a time for delivery or leave it next door as most other companys do

The funny thing is i must of passed him going up the road as theres one road in one road out and i was only out for a maximum of 10minutes.

Jay

Model_Slipway

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 04:17:07 pm »

Jay,

I fully understand your frustrations. Being rude to you over the phone is no excuse and I will report it to Fastway.

I have explained why the courrier only delivers to the address mentioned on the parcel - the guy is self-employed and if there is a claim for non-delivery it will cost him.

We don't use the services of companies which leave parcels in the green-house, in the bin etc.  If customer says that his parcel has not been delivered and claims his money back from his credit card company we have to prove that the parcel has been delivered, otherwise we get a "charge-back" from the credit card company.

Best regards,
Jackie

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 05:11:54 pm »

Just my twopence worth,

My lad had a CD player delivered from a National supermarket (bought on-line), via a self employed courier. She put a note through the door saying she had left it behind the back gate. I picked up the note within minutes of the time on it, we were in at the time, and went to retrieve the parcel. No joy. I rang the courier and she said she had left it behind the gate to the right of the front door. No gate there just a fence. To cut a long story short, we eventually found it 50 feet over the fence. She must bowl for England.  ;D Needless to say the player was Kn******d. Another 2 weeks to replace it.

You win some, you lose quite a few.

Doug
Don't Assume Check

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 05:19:48 pm »

Had my moan and groan, i dont hold grudges just a little dissapointed thats all, all things come to those who wait i guess.

On the plus side i guess it gives me all week to build it ready for sunday sailing  ;D ;D

I shall be posting up a build thread if you havent already got a build and photos of a detailed FSB to post up on your site Jackie.

Jay

Model_Slipway

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 07:28:16 pm »

Jay,

We would love to get a "build" for the site, thanks. You will notice that the FSB Tenby hull is the same as the Small Rescue Boat (build time approx. 20 hours), whereas the Tamar Class being developed at 1:16 scale, will be a long term project !!  (but not as complex as the Trent).

Jackie

furs307c

• Shipmate
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 07:45:52 pm »

Your doing a 1:16 scale tamar?? that would be so coool. My gran lives in tenby where theyve got one of the new tamar's, i was thinking of getting the fsb tenby, but if your doing a 1:16 hmmmmmmm ;D

colin-stevens

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 08:32:20 pm »

Modelsliway/Jackie, go on, whet our appetites, is yous realy doing a Tamar, oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease say yes. can youy give a rough idea of release? gaging to get me greasy mits on the opening rear deck.
in extreme anticipation

colin
grumpy old XXX

furs307c

• Shipmate
1:16 Tamar????
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 09:03:47 pm »

I would be pretty interested in this model, when ive finished my current build that is ::)

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 09:23:36 pm »

once ive built the FSB i may be inclined to have a look and see if i can build her SWMBO permitting that is ;D

Jay

Model_Slipway

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Annoyed / 1/16 Tamar
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2007, 12:29:24 am »

Colin,

Yes, we are doing a Tamar at 1:16 scale!  Lawrie has completed the grp hull with grp deck, superstructure is CNC milled with the usual metal fittings, etched brass and full interior. The kit will not be ready before next year, it's a big project.

Jackie

BobF

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2007, 01:22:08 am »

Rescue boat 20 hours? mine has taken three years and still not ready.
Bob

OneBladeMissing

• Full Mayhemer
  • Man overboard! Leave Him! (Eric Sykes)
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2007, 02:51:23 pm »

It's a known fact that delivery drivers, both Royal Mail and others, wait for you to go out before attempting to deliver a package. It must be covered in training courses!
"Give me a tall ship and a star to steer her by ..... or a short ship and a GPS!"

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 01:18:22 pm »

:o ITS HERE, my little fsb tenby is here and the wait was well worth it  ;D.

Jay
ps. watch this space as the build process starts tonight  :o ;D

colin-stevens

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 07:13:42 pm »

Jackie/laurie, (hope thats right) put me down for one. for sure, definatlly, positively. cant wait.
grumpy old XXX

Robert Davies

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 10:20:53 pm »

The Tamar presents many opportunities for the modeller....

The opening rear deck and transom hatch for the RIB.

Bloomin 'eck it's a complex boat - but doesn't half look quick, even when standing still :)

The RNLI, unsullied by Government sponsored interference, and paid for by the choices of people like you and me :)

Depending on my financial status when the ModelSlipway Tamar kit is released, I'm VERY interested in acquiring one :D

-Rob

colin-stevens

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 08:36:23 pm »

got my form to apply for the plans today. one sheet especialy for the tamar. and why is that. they have gone to great lenghts to point out that the plans are far from perfect for the modellor, and that they will not be resposable for any hair pulling or bad language.
MMMMMMMM. still going to give it a go. say a prayer for me.
colin
grumpy old XXX
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.