Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions on Different Fairmount Alpine Korts  (Read 1865 times)

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
Opinions on Different Fairmount Alpine Korts
« on: November 09, 2013, 09:08:26 pm »

Hi All

My Alpine build is progressing along nicely and its time to rough fit the kort nozzles before I start filling the hull. 
I was not very impressed with the nozzles that came with the kit so I thought that I would try and fit some that I believed to be better.  So here are my rough fitted Mobile Model Marine nozzles and it would be nice to have some opinions of what you think.
They are not yet fully fitted but the plan is to use a couple of screws in each combined with 15 minute epoxy to secure them.  They are 50mm nozzles and I would use 45mm props with them.  Can anyone think of any issues that I may have or if they don't look right please let me know.  I have also attached a picture of the supplied nozzle so that you can compare.

Thanks Mark

mermod

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Opinions on Different Fairmount Alpine Korts
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 01:30:52 am »

I think Billings tend to use the same nozzles for all their models, those look the same as supplied in my Smit Nederland kit so don't worry about not being the same as the real thing, I personally like the look of your replacement ones but it's personal choice.
Phill
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
Isaac Asimov

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 07:19:46 am »

Thanks Phil  :-))   That's all this is about for me really I just prefer the look of the MMM korts and to say they are more substantial would be an understatement
It may cause a few problems with painting as the leading edges are very low to the hull and getting spray paint under them will be tricky.  Just another bridge to cross when I get there

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 06:01:23 pm »

Looks good to me Mark and I think it's better if you build your models your way. Otherwise you will just be dissatisfied with it every time you pick it up.

Dave

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 07:43:35 pm »

Thanks Dave I agree with you there.  I think they fit well so its going to be them for definite  :}
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.