Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW. . . .model sound system  (Read 14305 times)

Gazza

• Full Mayhemer
  • If its to windy to fly I'm boating
NEW. . . .model sound system
« on: November 09, 2013, 11:38:50 pm »

Well like most people I have been after a Sound system that will do an engine sound for a model boat that increase's in RPM and to run other sounds like klaxons fog . . horns. . guns. .  etc.

Well most of you will know there is a few out there but how about some thing cheap that you can play around with and put the SOUND of YOUR boat engine on a SD CARD and it does NOT require an amp. . .

Well I have in the pipe line a nice little gizmo that has been re worked by a friend to play YOUR engine sound for YOUR boat. .
 The only skill set you need is to save a sound file of YOUR engine etc. onto the SD card and play it Via your RX.
 Yep you can switch it on and off increase sound play another track etc. Its almost done and hope to post a video soon
 And did I mention its. ..  LOUD

Most of you will have possible seen them already but this all works from the RX so you can switch it on play next track turn it up and down . .  SWEET and all from your Transmitter  :-))

will work in cars. .  boats. .  tanks . .  planes etc.

retired and loving it

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
Re: NEW. . . .model sound system
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 12:40:18 am »

mmmm could be interesting!
Mick F

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 03:32:04 am »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Gazza

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 11:53:14 am »

Very true Martin . .

Its the same thing but now lets take it a step further and add some more electronics to work ALL the functions ( and no not servo's )
Lets add a small electronic board that's smaller than a servo to work ALL the switches and just plug into the RX so no servo to connect to the on off switch or another servo for volume etc.
And as many of you have seen and heard these Sound systems you know how good they are.
Now like model sounds site with all the servos added to the switches it becomes a bigger unit but in our case it will still be a smaller unit by far so if you have limited room its a must so things like planes  and Boats or Tanks or what ever your model is I think we are looking at a 3" space maybe less and NO AMP . .  ill keep you all posted and hope to post a video very soon
retired and loving it

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 04:26:46 pm »

mmmm could be interesting!
Mick F

john44

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 05:56:00 pm »

OK, now I'm intrigued!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

philk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 12:16:19 am »

someone in the wirral is selling loads of these on ebay at the mo

Gazza

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 01:20:09 am »

selling as in bid or buy it now  ?
Because we need to buy a few and mod them ?
retired and loving it

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 01:31:16 am »

think he means these £19.99 buy it now and £5 postage or bidding starts at £18.99
Item number  141112171557
[/size]Mick F[/color]

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 07:38:37 am »

Got mine for 8pounds exactly the same from ebay shipped.

inertia

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 09:02:45 am »

Well like most people I have been after a Sound system that will do an engine sound for a model boat that increase's in RPM and to run other sounds like klaxons fog . . horns. . guns. .  etc.
As far as I am aware this unit does NOT vary the speed of the engine with throttle control. Neither does the manfacturer make such a claim for it, so beware if that is what you are looking for.
DM

Gazza

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 10:07:36 am »

a nice little gizmo that has been re worked by a friend to play YOUR engine sound for YOUR boat. .

Ahh come on guys Please read the what I have put. . .
retired and loving it

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 04:50:50 pm »

Having read what was put - no mention of the speed control having any effect on the sound.  A recorded sound on an SD card of a motor varying speed might take some keeping sync with.........
Having heard one, they are good and loud, but I'll bet that pretty soon there will be a complaint from somebody that his sounds muffled, probably because it has been mounted in what is effectively a sealed box.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 05:08:25 pm »

They do sound good, but being a loop, a tug with steam
sounds just repeats itself.
The steam blows off and engine telegraph bells ring
regardless of what the tug is doing.
Gets boring after a while.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Gazza

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 07:15:26 pm »

oh dam and I thought it was going to be a good little gizmo but alas A recorded sound on an SD card of a motor varying speed might take some keeping sync with and its boring after a while . . . . :((

Ok Ill scrap the idea then . .  thanks for the feed back that has saved me loads of R&D  <:(
retired and loving it

craggle

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boaty McBoatface
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 07:23:30 pm »

I have one of the Model Sounds versions and think it's great.
It sounds rather good under the deck as it does kind of muffle the sound but I think it sounds better under there than it does in the open, after all the engine on the real boat is under the deck.

Mine is a steam engine sound, no horn and telegraph so it just chugs away which is pretty realistic for a steam engine in a big tug, you don't tend to rev steam engines up and down too much.

Stick with it chap, A revving version with a diesel engine sound on it may well be on my shopping list in the future. :-)

Craig.
Model Slipway Envoy tug built.
Huge Lifeboat under construction.

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 07:39:26 pm »

Most if not all steam engines are virtually silent anyway - so what's the point?
LB

craggle

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boaty McBoatface
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 09:05:55 pm »

Personally I think it adds a bit of fun to an otherwise lifeless model. I fitted lights, smoke unit, a rudder and a motor to it too, pointless really but I like them.  {:-{

Craig.
Model Slipway Envoy tug built.
Huge Lifeboat under construction.

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 11:16:23 pm »

Keep going and bring it onto the market.something new and inventive is always welcomed. Dont listen to the knockers.
Good Luck.
Mick F

Gazza

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 10:03:07 am »

A recorded sound on an SD card of a motor varying speed might take some keeping sync with.........

So all the ones out on the market now then don't work as in they all lose sync . .  hmm who would have thought that  :o
retired and loving it

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 10:28:58 am »

There are some that do change the sound according to the throttle setting, usually gets a mention prominently in the information.  Since it isn't an easy trick, they tend to be priced accordingly.  But the general rule is that if such a feature does not get a mention in the makers information, it probably isn't there.

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 11:09:20 am »

HI Gazza. I am a little confused these units look very similar to some already available. Are you going to be marketing them? What are the major differences with your unit and what sounds will be available. {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ .

Stan

Gazza

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 02:35:29 pm »

HI Gazza. I am a little confused these units look very similar to some already available. Are you going to be marketing them? What are the major differences with your unit and what sounds will be available. {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ .

Stan
As from the first post I know a chap who is an electronic wiz kid  :-))  He has taken one of these units apart and RE WORKED it so it can speed up with the throttle and down again. . But for some reason unbeknown to me most  people have NOT read WHAT I HAVE put saying it cant be done . .
Just  because they don't know how to do it  . . does not mean it cant be done . . . .

When people say its been re worked that's what we mean re worked  to do some thing else that it was not meant to

So this may sound blunt on my part but its not meant to be so We have 2 working units to offer
ONE is JUST the engine sound so it speeds up like a motor in my case a gas turbine for a Perkasa taken off you tube . .  (Sounds sweet) as having any thing else on it will speed up as well so this CANT be done but purely engine revs only

the other is just purely for sound on a ship like a klaxon . . Bofour guns. .  Oerlikon or what ever else you can think of
HE HAS ALREADY DONE IT . . . IT WORKS FINE

Will he make more to sell . .  don't know but mine works fine running this sound below is a REAL perkasa sound track with real Perkasa Guns . .  I added the Klaxxon for a bit of funn as im still looking for the whoop .   whoop noise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwqDeLZD7t0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUOsS3MNZhDX8S0z_OUdlPhQ

But when this is all controlled from your TX its a nice cheap gizmo for any model . .  Boat . .  Tank .  . Plane  etc
retired and loving it

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 09:34:02 pm »

To recap what was said in the OP -
Well like most people I have been after a Sound system that will do an engine sound for a model boat that increase's in RPM and to run other sounds like klaxons fog . . horns. . guns. .  etc. Well most of you will know there is a few out there but how about some thing cheap that you can play around with and put the SOUND of YOUR boat engine on a SD CARD and it does NOT require an amp. . .  Well I have in the pipe line a nice little gizmo that has been re worked by a friend to play YOUR engine sound for YOUR boat. .

What was wanted was mentioned, true, it was mentioned that a reworking had happened as well.  I don't see any mention of syncing engine speed sound to motor speed.  The statement does stop short of that, so the only reasonable conclusion is that, since it is not specifically mentioned, it ain't there.  This is a textbook example of how to create a misunderstanding.

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 10:26:43 pm »

Well I think it is very clear NOW what the guy has done or intends to do,shall we now stop this pettiness of what was said,and encourage him to get on with it and see where it goes. The final product will give the choice of liking it and perhaps buying it,or not liking it and not buying it.
SEEMPOOLES!
Let the guy get on with it without all this before you even know what its going to be like
Thanks,
Mick F
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.