Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model Galleons  (Read 1040 times)

Hmshood

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Model Galleons
« on: November 11, 2013, 12:30:12 pm »

Hi,
I was reviewing a Marine Modelling magazine recently and stumbled across an article regarding some model Galleons that were used in a demonstration in the Bath Spa and this has sparked an interest in building one. I have recently been working on one from Mamoli (1:150 scale) which I am disappointed with in terms of the quality of the parts (none fitted without major surgery and the suppliers were very indifferent on my comments) and looking to build a larger one with the ability to match the propulsion system and steering of those used in Bath. Does anyone have details of the construction/propulsion systems used (I believe it must be and electric motor) and stabilisation as the keel is pretty much none existent and the model may well have a tendency to keel over when turning.
Regards
Vic
 %)
I love warships bring back the big guns

BJH

• Shipmate
Re: Model Galleons
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 01:06:57 pm »

Hi

If you Google "Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team" you should be able to find out some details. I have seen them a number of times at the Alford Show and they are indeed electrically driven and have large drop keels fitted to them

BJH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.