Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finding a rig for this hull  (Read 1980 times)

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
Finding a rig for this hull
« on: November 12, 2013, 05:43:19 pm »

Long buried at the back of the garage, I resurrected this the other day and made a considerable number of spiders homeless.  I'd almost forgotten I had it it's been so long.

I only have the hull - the rig, such as it was, is long gone.  I think the manufacturer was HFM, but I can't find much about them, and nothing about this boat.  Are they still around?

I would like to find a rig to put on this hull.  The original sails were simply cut from a single sheet of cloth, and were entirely shapeless.  I am happy to spend a little on a proper suit, and the mast and booms to go with them.  I know this isn't a great performer - I did sail it a bit before it found the back of the garage - and that I can get a complete boat ready to go for £150-£200, so I am not looking for a full carbon rig, ballraced everything, and so on.  Just a working rig I can have some gentle fun with.  Can anyone provide me with the dimensions of the original rig?  Alternatively, is there a similar size design that the sailmakers produce a standard rig for?  And do any of them do the whole rig, not just the sails?

So many questions!  Any information or advice most welcome.

Thanks

Greg

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Finding a rig for this hull
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 07:12:11 pm »

its not hfm but an mrp hull , they used to come in two sizes , the bigger one is around the meter length , while the smaller one is around two feet long . they are models of australia 2 . wokingkev has the larger of the two hulls which he boght locally two years ago without a mast / sails , it now sports the old suit from my defunct kyosho seawind !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.