Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arethusa class cruisers (1912)  (Read 2278 times)

fliegerfunker

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Arethusa class cruisers (1912)
« on: November 11, 2013, 11:26:45 pm »

I am collecting information on the WWI Aethusa class with the objective of doing a R/C version. Right now I am thinking along the lines of Glynn Guest's "Penelope" (Aethusa also oddly enough,  but the 1935 version), but would like the option to go more detailed. 

I am considering HMCS Aurora as it became Canada's (brief) first light cruiser in 1920. (Other than Wes Beatty's excellent 1/350 resin model, there is precious little online.)

Does anyone have any drawings of the 1912 Aethusa class cruisers? Or can you point me in the direction of a set?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Martin

fliegerfunker

• Shipmate
Re: Arethusa class cruisers (1912)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 01:56:12 pm »

Hmmmm........
66 views and no suggestions. I was hoping someone might have the recent Norman Friedman book on British cruiser development and could tell me if there might be some Arethusa class drawings in it.

Anyone?

Martin

GG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 02:07:33 pm »

Martin,
        The answer is "yes" but I think bigger and more detailed drawings are in "British Cruisers of WW2" by Alan Raven and John Roberts.  This latter book is long out of print but second hand copies do appear for sale now and again.  A better idea might be to order it from your local library.
Glynn Guest

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 02:44:16 pm »

There is a small scale general arrangement drawing of Arethusa as in 1914 in Friedman's book.

Colin

Sandy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 11:56:06 pm »

There is a fair bit about the class in the Raven and Roberts book. Quite a few photos and some good drawings.

Hope these help.

fliegerfunker

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 04:48:44 am »

Bingo!  Thanks to you all, esp. Sandy. It looks like the Raven and Roberts book is what I need.  I took a look at copies available on line, and think I shall first see if I can't find a copy through inter-library loan rather than taking out a bankloan.

Martin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 23 queries.