Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: instruction manual for 1:12 Mersey  (Read 1626 times)

smudger1309

• Full Mayhemer
  • Colwyn Bay M.B.C
instruction manual for 1:12 Mersey
« on: November 16, 2013, 01:56:07 am »

hello all,   

i brought a partly built 1:12 mersey.  i have the plans from the RNLI and models by design,   i have spoke with metcalf mouldings who built the kit before models by design but has said he no longer has it,  a friend of mine is building metcalfs rother kit and looking at the manual and metcalf plans for the rother that came with his kit makes it much easy building as all the bits and parts are numbered, i no the mersey wasnt a full kit to begain with but wondering if anyone got plans and manual book that all numbered etc etc,

Garreth

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: instruction manual for 1:12 Mersey
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 09:35:34 am »

hi garreth, as the Mersey is only a "semi kit", there were never any instructions on how to build it...there are a good number of threads on here from people who have built one though for you to look through and get your own build ideas formulated.......just look through this section on lifeboats to view them, but some go back a year or more,

neil.

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
    • Chasewater Model Boat Club
Re: instruction manual for 1:12 Mersey
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 09:48:32 pm »

you could contact model boats magazine, as they did an article on a full scratch build some years ago, they may be able to provide copies.

OR if you search a bit back on this section of the site, you will find my own Mersey build, which uses same hull and cabin as you have.
The upper cabin is a LOT of hard work to get the flying bridge right, so be prepared to do some test fitting with pieces of card first before cutting in to plastic sheet or ply.

One word of advise, same given to my by Models by design. "keep the build light in weight", or it won't move right in the water and you wont be able to get it to sit on correct waterline., that why I used plasticard for all the build work, to keep the weight down as far as possible, saving the weight for the brass hand rail fittings. as the white ,metal ones readily available snap a bit too easily for my liking and didn't use them.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.
Treasurer & Membership Secretary:  Chasewater Model Boat Club
http://chasewatermbc.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.