Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dicky d  (Read 2741 times)

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
dicky d
« on: December 14, 2013, 12:33:38 pm »

IN MEMORY OF DICKY D (RICHARD) miss his humour and help. nothing was  to much trouble for him when it came to helping others   RIP     

luke1993

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: dicky d
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 12:51:41 pm »

Never knew him but read some of his interesting posts respect to the family R.I.P

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 01:18:08 pm »

Richard is sadly missed, I cannot believe its a year tomorrow - he isnt far from my thoughts; I do miss having a good old natter with him on the phone.

aye

John
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Dicky D and others..... RIP
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 02:19:43 pm »

Indeed..... in fact, we've lost too many friends from Mayhem:   <:(

Dicky D
Peter Henshaw
Eddie Web
David O'Sullivan (Misty)
Stewart Rae (SCOOP)
Brian Philips "the Can"
Pete Keirle (PMK)
Jimmy James

But we remember them with fondness.

RIP

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

madrob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 03:25:39 pm »

RIP Dicky and all our other friends

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 05:13:45 pm »

for a joyous time of year, it is always also a sad time, when one does reflect on those passed on, mums, dads relatives and friends.

I like to think that when we are all feasting our faces and downing alcohol in copious amounts, we can all spare a thought for those who have been bereaved especially at this time of year.
and may I just all a little RIP here myself.

I heard yesterday that an old friend of mine called Cedric, who had led a very active life until being struck down with illnesses some years ago, died a few days ago.....he was and had been a member of both model boat clubs in Fleetwood for some time, and although I didn't see him often, I now wish I had, he always had a good yarn to tell. and even though virtually blind from Diabetes, he could still make a mean old model

For anyone on here who knew him, from the Fleetwood clubs, his funeral is next Thursday in Darwen, Lancashire.

god bless him, he was a decent one.

neil.

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now)

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 05:16:56 pm »

Let's not forget PMK and Jimmy James what great characters both of them I hope they are enjoying happy days where-ever they are
I'm not old I'm mature middle aged

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 05:47:39 pm »

It does seem almost yesterday that Bob and I attended Richard's funeral, my God it was cold!

On the plus side, I went to the Model Engineer Exhibition at Sandown Park today and talked to several old friends and exchanged news. It does seem that, on balance, model boating is great for your longevity. It keeps both the brain and body active. Model Boaters never die, they just become a bit semi scale and almost ready to run although they never quite achieve it!

I think that want many of us would really like for Christmas is a new pair of knees, after 65 they only seem to work in one direction...

Colin

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 06:32:56 pm »

Old Model Makers never die
They live on in their models
and in the memories of the
modellers who follow on.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 06:43:23 pm »

Let's not forget PMK and Jimmy James what great characters both of them I hope they are enjoying happy days where-ever they are

Jimmy James ! Snap, that's who I forgot!!

>:-o
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 06:53:33 pm »

Old Model Makers never die
They live on in their models

That is true to some extent where the models are valued within the family but unfortunately all too often the models are sold off or even consigned to the skip by relatives who place no value on them.

Colin

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 07:14:32 pm »

Old Modellers live on not so much in their models as they do in the help and encouragement they gave to others. I shall be eternally grateful to Peter Henshaw HS93 for the help and friendship he showed me as a newbie. Grateful too to Dickie D for always answering a pm and then adding more help than was asked for.

Dave

Danny

• Gorleston Model Boat Club
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Gorleston MBC
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 09:28:22 pm »

At times like this I realise how fragile we humans really are.

I met DickyD through Mayhem and we regularly enjoyed much banter and one-liners (too much for some, I'm afraid).
How well I remember going down to Southampton to race my boats and going to his home to visit.
Although we were at opposite ends of the boat modelling spectrum, I was fascinated to see the care and skill which had gone into making his models.  I respected him for his knowledge, skill and enthusiasm which he had put into making his models and was also more than willing to share on the forum.
The next day, he and Gill came to see us racing at the docks and I like to think that he enjoyed the spectacle.  He certainly missed no opportunity to extract the urine if I did not get the results he expected whenever I raced.

In a similar vein, I was glad to be a friend of Stewart (Scoop) Rae.  We went through a major change in our boating habits (I won't dwell on that now) but came through as good friends.  He was really enthusiastic about BMPRS racing, and promoted it at every chance he got.  He used Mayhem to spread the word and was always pleased when he got someone else interested in our hobby.

These, and everyone else who make up the membership of Model Boat Mayhem, show what a great bunch of people we have.  Willing and eager to give advice, knowledge and information to folks they don't even know, but feel a cameraderie with, through our love of model boats (of every kind).

Thank you Martin (and all his little "elf" helpers) for creating Mayhem.  I bet in the early days, you never thought it would be the global success it has become!

I hope everyone has a very enjoyable Christmas and a peaceful and prosperous New Year.

Oh, and if you're listening Dicky and Scoop - that bl**dy harp music I hear playing is awful, do something useful - make a canoe out of dropped angel feathers!! :-D

Cheers

Danny

Footski

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 07:45:00 am »

I do miss Dicky and Pete. Remember them with great fondness... :-))

pugwash

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: recently left Amble and now in the wet Northumberland hills
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 10:11:10 am »

Living at the other end of the country I never had the chance to meet Dicky but did chat regularly by
P.M. or phone. A great lad to talk to and very helpful when I was having problems with one of
my models.
RIP Dicky

Geoff
Failing to prepare means preparing to fail.

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 01:01:51 pm »

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 03:06:26 pm »

I think that want many of us would really like for Christmas is a new pair of knees, after 65 they only seem to work in one direction...

Colin

If that's true Colin, then I got an early Christmas present  ok2 I had a new left knee in October and hopefully will get a new right one in April. It sure does make a big difference :-)) %% %%

Barrie

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.