Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Water Jets.  (Read 1986 times)

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
Water Jets.
« on: May 24, 2006, 04:37:46 pm »

Me again - and thanks to all who helped with the question of gunsmoke. It would seem that Jim will have the module to suit.

Now, I'm in the early budget/planning stage of building a model of Skjold, thanks to info from Eddy M. This calls for 2 large jet drives which would cost ?250.00 or so from either Kehrer or Graupner. I'm always against spending too much, so, has anyone experience of building their own? If so how and if not, which of the two makes above is better?

Thanks again.

Tony

Glyn

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
Re: Water Jets.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 10:10:05 am »

Re water jets for model ships:- A couple of years ago I read an article in 'Popular Mechanics' (South African edition) about a  chap who built quite a large model of one of the SA Navy's new Meko A200 frigates, the SAS Amatola. As well as having two conventional screws, they also have a single, gas turbine powered water-jet for the occasional 'sprint' - quite impressive to see! Anyway, on his model he used a fish tank water pump to simulate the jet on the full-size vessel. Unfortunately it didn't state what size or how fast it powered the model, but perhaps this is worth looking into as an alternative to the units mentioned in your query? Just a thought!
Regards,
Glyn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.