Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Other Technical Questions...

Gunfire smoke

<< < (2/6) > >>

tonyH:
Hello all,
Thanks for the ideas so-far. The glycol route seems the cleanest but the problem seems to be control i.e. waste smoke between shots, since the time between firings of a gunboat could be 60 secs or so and there's only one gun. The only thing I can think of is controlling the fluid rather than the smoke but this means a pre-heated generator and since the bloody boat is gas fired steam - AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!

johno 52-11:
Tony

The new JJC systen runs on water so there is no heat. take a look here http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Common/JJC_Smoke.htm

John

tonyH:
Hi John,

I see your point but I need to sort out whether it will produce a single puff on demand or whether there is a warm-up time. Have you seen/used one or have any of the others out there used one?

Tony

Colin H:
Tony is the gun barrel metal and will a single puff of smoke do.

Yours Colin H.

tonyH:
Hello there Colin,

Yes the barrel is 'stepped' thicknesses of brass tube with a breech i/d of 20mm down to a muzzle i/d of 8mm over a length of 250mm approx. Tubes are soft soldered together and trunnions are silver soldered on. Recoil is by servo on a 'Y' lead.
I was hoping for 4 or 5 'shots' with, say, 30 sec 'reload' gaps, hence the single puff control.

What have you in mind?

Regards

Tony

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version