Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the real price of fish  (Read 1956 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
the real price of fish
« on: December 14, 2013, 03:01:46 pm »

54 years ago this morning at 02.20 approx 19 men good and true lost their lives when the fleetwood trawler was lost without trace of skerryvore light in hurricaine force weather.as i sit on a windy albert dock car park i pray for all those lost at sea and those who go out in such atrocious westher to save them or at lest  attempt to. God bless them al especialy at this time of year

mikearace

• Full Mayhemer
Re: the real price of fish
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 03:08:00 pm »

And many more of us spare a thought for those and their brothers..........
Not just two wheels...........and never trust a hippie

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 05:04:59 pm »

God bless them all.
Grimsby has had more than its fair share
of tradgedies.
The Distant water fleet lost ships and men
year by year.You can put a price on fish
but not on the men that still go fishing
so we can have fish on the table

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 05:25:07 pm »

I've lost good mates to the sea over the years and its very very poor out there just now , "blowing smoke" ( where the wind is so strong the water blows off the waves and it looks like smoke...50+knots of wind ) just now with severe gale 9 to storm force 10 forecast

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=667149396641190

^^ thats John ( Ocean Venture II PD340 , was on the Trawlermen tv series the big blue trawler ) from today and thats a 100ft long boat , others are at sea in 60ft trawlers still fishing as they've no choice due to the stupid rules the EU forces on them, I did my time at the job seen far too many poor days and still fished and must admit I'm glad I'm no longer able to go out

The true cost of fish is not the pounds shillings and pence per lb of flesh but in the live of those lost to the sea and to those so badly injured they cannot work again
Davie Tait,
Scotland

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 12:56:27 am »

And to think of the prices being offered these days for people to go out and do this. Not as much as it should be, that's for sure.  {:-{

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 01:32:51 am »

fresh fish is OZ is expensive........ >>:-(

My wife [an Adelaide born girl] loves Garfish....last week they were $38.00/kg for fillets
Yellow fin tuna fillets...according to a News of the World program last night is selling in Japan for AUD$80.00 to $100.00/kg
These gutted & chilled [not frozen] 50 to 80 kg species leave OZ on airfreight to Japan 7 days per week just like clockwork......Derek......
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 12:38:53 pm »

Also Hull- we too lost many ships and many many lives. Only this week news of the Gaul, lost with all hands in the deep water fishing grounds around Russia back in the 1970's.

Amazingly it seems that 10 bodies from the loss have been found buried on the northern tip of  Russia, buried by locals who have known of them for 24 years. What a shame that the cold war prevented this news from being released for so long!

pugwash

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: recently left Amble and now in the wet Northumberland hills
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 01:41:56 pm »

Also Hull- we too lost many ships and many many lives. Only this week news of the Gaul, lost with all hands in the deep water fishing grounds around Russia back in the 1970's.

Amazingly it seems that 10 bodies from the loss have been found buried on the northern tip of  Russia, buried by locals who have known of them for 24 years. What a shame that the cold war prevented this news from being released for so long!

It does seem likely that these bodies are from the Gaul but it has yet to be comfirmed by Dna and it is the Russians who are
doing the confirming with information supplied by Humberside Police - heres hoping they get it right and politics doesn't come
into it.

Geoff
Failing to prepare means preparing to fail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.