Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: O class destroyer  (Read 2117 times)

grace

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
O class destroyer
« on: April 07, 2014, 11:29:34 pm »

at a show we attended recently i made a statement that i quite like the larger scale models,on this a very kind gentleman said " iv got a 1/48 scale o class destroyer hull and plans" so today i had a trip out to collect said model....its just about 8 foot long made of fibre glass and in two halfs....iv been told there is one other model? does anyone have any photos of this ship?  are there any guns available for this scale?

many thanks grace

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: o class destroyer
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 09:37:59 pm »

I am not sure about the 4.7 inch guns but new gun kits appear all the time. If you had said 1:76th/72nd I could have done you a few bits as I cast some for a ship back in 2009.
Pond weed is your enemy

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 08:19:06 pm »

Given the length of an O class destroyer  (345 ft) If the model is "about 8 ft long" that would seem to indicate a scale of between 1:40th to 1:50th scale.
I think John R. Haynes does some 1:48th scale fittings but you should really try and determine the actually scale of the model before looking for fittings.    Measure the length of the model in inches  and divide  4140 by that number, that will give you the actual scale of the model.
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 08:39:40 pm »

Here's a drawing of either a O or a P class.  It was listed as Onslow but could be either of these classes as the only difference was the armament  O's had 4.7 inch guns while P's had 4 inch High Angle guns.
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

mikearace

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 09:51:57 pm »

Sirmar fitting do 1/48th 4inch as fitted on the P class and all other deck fitting and weapons such 20mm oerlikons
Not just two wheels...........and never trust a hippie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.