Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: OCCRE "Ulises" Build.  (Read 27474 times)

peter61_uk

• Full Mayhemer
  • Permanently Bewildered
Re: OCCRE "Ulises" Build.
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2014, 07:38:53 pm »

I was off work today ........ 'er indoors was at work, so no bitchin' on about noise and stuff. I decided to get a bit done. So, we have....
1. Deck planking lines / caulking finished.
2. Forward superstructure / Hatch cover......... The wheelhouse get's added after the wheelhouse deck and bulkhead are planked with some 0.6 x 6mm African Walnut.
3 Aft Superstructure / Hatch cover.
4. Hatch Cover (Shaft UJ Coupling Access) ....... This is a small box like thing that appears pretty much useless.

.......... The three hatch cover / Superstructures are still rough and will need some filling and sanding .......... But they all fit. Big relief. :-))
Cheers
Peter

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2014, 11:17:34 pm »

Just one question... how the 'eck do you get away with working on the kitchen (?) table?

I get banished to the garage..but thats not always a bad thing! :-))
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2014, 01:32:59 am »

Just another question  :o how the 'eck do you get away with a packet of Bensen & Hedges ciggies on the kitchen table  <*< .......

I got banished outside....but that's not always a bad thing! :-)) ...it was either too hot or too cold >>:-( ...so I gave up 20 years ago  ....Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

peter61_uk

• Full Mayhemer
  • Permanently Bewildered
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2014, 09:49:37 am »

It's the dining table  :-)  and I cover it with an old tablecloth and a board when I'm working on the model ........ If I'm Rubbing down or creating much dust ???? I dissapear into the garage.

......... and the Benson & Hedges ???? I only every smoke outside.

Cheers
Peter

peter61_uk

• Full Mayhemer
  • Permanently Bewildered
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2014, 11:04:35 pm »

I've managed to get a bit more done ...............
The deck has had three coats of Satin Exterior Varnish. Bulwarks are on and the Wheelhouse is built. Window Blanks are still in. I'll leave them for a bit , it'll help with masking............. I'm pretty much now on detailing. (With the exception of the hull GRP and paint).
THe interior of the wheelhouse is shown on the plan as being planked with 5mm African Walnut. But this is going to make it very dark inside if you stand half a chance of seeing any of the detail. So, I've planked the deck, rear bulkead and the half bulkhead at the helm position only. The other surfaces will be light grey.......... I've started on some of the interior fittings ........ and I've found some Acetate for Glazing.
A few photos.............

Cheers
Peter

peter61_uk

• Full Mayhemer
  • Permanently Bewildered
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2014, 10:12:14 pm »

I've been all busy with detail stuff ........... and got the superstructure in primer and flatted down ready for a little more filler. ........ I must get back on the hull and finish that off {:-{

Cheers
Peter

peter61_uk

• Full Mayhemer
  • Permanently Bewildered
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2014, 09:48:13 pm »

Busy weekend........ 'er indoors was gardening. So I got to crack on without too much in the way of interruption. I finally got around to shaping the bulwarks at the prow and stern didn't need much as they are a good fit. A little filler in a couple of gaps and now the hull is ready to have some resin and fibreglass tissue on it. I have all the stuff...... I just need a few more degrees of temperature so I can work in the garage............ I made a Battery box from some ply and scammed some self adhesive foam from work........ The battery is a snug fit so I'm not bothering with a retaining strap..... It's not going anywhere  :-))
Cheers
Peter

peter61_uk

• Full Mayhemer
  • Permanently Bewildered
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2014, 09:53:17 pm »

...........and today. I made up the slatted cover for the tiller / raised stern. This has taken me hours to get right. I cut each slat shaped the ends for the curve cut the bottom square and it's too long..... So I trim just a tiny bit off ........and it's too short.  >>:-( ...... It drove me nuts.............
Cheers
Peter

peter61_uk

• Full Mayhemer
  • Permanently Bewildered
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2014, 09:44:14 pm »

It's been a while ............. I've been a bit poorly. But things are looking up now. I've managed a bit more on the tug........ The hull finally got it's first coat of Z-Poxy finishing resin. So now I just have to get a coulpe of nice days at the weekend so I can get the tissue on and a final coat.

I've painted the wheelhouse, and finished the wood panelling. I also made up a ladder assembly. That isn't on the plan. The plan has a sort of vertical ladder up to the door which I really thought was rubbish.......... The internal detail is in place and the wheelhouse roof is planked.

The aft hatch / cover is painted.

I made an "On Off Switch Panel that lifts out quite easily so I can get to the back to wire it up. 

And the two lifeboats are nearly done,

Cheers
Peter

peter61_uk

• Full Mayhemer
  • Permanently Bewildered
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2014, 10:27:39 pm »

I'm busy detailing this build and not really getting very far ......... It's starting to become a bit tedious......... I want it finished so I can get it wet........... Moan over............ I'll just have to get my head down and crack on :-))

Cheers
Peter

Rodgearing

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2017, 01:22:18 pm »

Dun dun dunnnnn   so what happened bit like a murder mystery
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.