Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phone scams  (Read 4806 times)

mikearace

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Phone scammer
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2014, 08:06:38 pm »

This is not a phone scam but is just as serious and people need to BE BEWARE!

Over the last month I became a victim of a clever 'Eastern European' scam while out shopping. Simply dropping into Sainsburys for a bit of shopping has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.

Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking voluptuous 20-21 year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the boot. They both start cleaning your windscreen and almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts.
It's impossible not to look, especially with all the rain we have been having. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they'll say 'No' and instead ask you for a lift to another store where they work as cleaners - in my case, Tesco's.

You agree and they both get in the backseat. On the way, they start undressing, pretending to get changed into their Tesco uniform and apologise to you asking if its embarrassing or distracting you. Then, when you pull over to remonstrate, one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over your lap while still undressed, kissing you, touching you intimately while the other one steals your wallet as you try to stop the other one molesting you!

I had my wallet stolen November 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th, and 29th. Also December 1st, 4th, 8th, 10th twice yesterday and very likely again this coming weekend.

P.S. Aldi have wallets on sale for £1.99 each but Lidl are £1.75 and look better.
Not just two wheels...........and never trust a hippie

dpbarry

• If it ain't broke, break it and curse fixing it!
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Newcastle Lifeboat Station
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2014, 08:12:25 pm »

I find that telling them to **** off works...

Rich

I tried to tell my boss to Star. Star. Star. Star. Off and he looked at me weirdly!! Wonder why?  %% {-)

Dec

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2014, 08:43:29 pm »

Just spent half an hour in Sainsburys car park loading and hoping.
No joy. :embarrassed:
Off to Asda see if any luck there.
Hey Ho.   %%

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2014, 08:44:03 pm »

Did anyone see the article in the sunday papers just before xmas, a guy got so fed up with cold callers that he set up an 0800 number for his home address. It got to a point where he was welcoming cold callers and kept them talking as long as possible- he was earning a small fortune from it at the expense of the cold caller! 0800 numbers charge at anything up to 90p per minute for a call, only 17p of that goes to the supply company the rest is porfit to put in the users pocket!

Apparently it is not illegal to do this but is frowned on by the regulators. A ll I have to say is Go that man! If only the rest of us could manage it thenit would put an end to these call centres.

plug

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2014, 08:52:34 pm »

I had my wallet stolen November 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th, and 29th. Also December 1st, 4th, 8th, 10th twice yesterday and very likely again this coming weekend.

LOL
i was really into that post by Mikearace, didn't see the punchline coming

regards Jack.

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2014, 08:55:24 pm »

0800 numbers are free, on landlines, to the caller, it is the recipient who pays. 0870, 0845 etc are premium rate numbers and used by GPs and other government depts among others
Don't Assume Check
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.