Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Double Wammy! (part2)  (Read 1531 times)

messaman99

• Shipmate
Double Wammy! (part2)
« on: January 19, 2014, 10:55:47 pm »

sorry been so long writing this! Basketball season is in full swing and have had games every other day for the past 2 weeks. Any ways on with part 2!
    Once we got of the William Franklin we headed back up the island to go back to the mainland. As usual i watched the Grand Manan Adventure dock. We waited til she was unloaded and then was signaled to head on. As we were Driving on i said to my grandfather "Jeeze i wish i could go up in the wheelhouse".
    We headed up to the lounge and got some mid after noon supper! ( being around 3:30 P.M.) We were sitting in our booth and the First mate came and sat down and started talking to My grandfather and i.  He looked and me and said " come on, ill take you up to the house". I think i had a smile from ear to ear! I jumped up and we headed up.
    He showed me the crew lounge and the bunk rooms. i was surprised at how big they were!

We walked up the stairs and stepped into the house! my first though... WOW!!! i looked down at the carpet and said  "well i shouldn't be wearing this boots up here"! they all laughed.
     The first mate showed me all of the electronics and the two wing control stations. he also explained the fire system to me. If i remember right he said the Adventure was the only Ferry on the east coast of North America that has it. It has something like 350 fire sensors and its a mist not a sprinkler. He couldn't take me down to the engine rooms because they were doing maintenance.
  I stayed up there for 2/3 of trip(an hour and a half trip). I loved every minute of it. Never got to meet the captain. I didnt get any pictures either!  >:-o  Next time im aboard ill take as many as possible! The pics below are from Google.

hama

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Double Wammy! (part2)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 11:10:18 pm »

Nice looking ferry! Next time you will remember to take some pictures as well!
Hama

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 10:11:02 pm »

Ferry nice indeed!

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 12:48:43 am »

messa.........on many vessels the first mate is actually banned  <*< from the engine room  O0 and it was a paltry excuse ....

"couldn't take me down to the engine rooms because they were doing maintenance" .....not a day would go by where a vessel in port was not in maintenance mode......Derek

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.