Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Motorcyclists  (Read 47649 times)

David Hale

Re: Motorcyclists
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2009, 04:44:00 pm »

Last year I wandered off to Morocco on my bike.  Good fun...

On the edge of the Sahara:

I don't like sand...  %)

Or big slabs of rock...

Or river beds...

The views are worth it though...

David Hale

« Reply #176 on: June 09, 2009, 03:35:39 pm »

It wasn't just me that got stuck though...  :o

And just because it looks impressive:

bulldog1966

« Reply #177 on: September 04, 2010, 01:51:31 pm »

I HAVE A ZX900 AND WELL IN TO MY MODELING AND BIKE CLUB TO

karls

« Reply #178 on: September 04, 2010, 03:41:02 pm »

This was mine till i got ill but i still miss
karl

Double D

« Reply #179 on: September 04, 2010, 08:35:10 pm »

I brought a Hyosung Comet and passed my CBT a couple of months ago but I've never got the chance to ride her because she's been in the garage waiting for parts.  The garage have promised that I'll have her back this week so I can't wait to give her a run out in the nice weather.  It'll give me something to do while my other half is out on the lake with his boats O0 O0 O0

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2010, 03:13:03 pm »

Well at least the bike's finally come back. We just need some decent weather now for biking or boating now!!  :-) :-)) :-)

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2010, 07:30:25 pm »

Double Diamond has had a new toy!!  %) Traded in the way too heavy Comet for a much lighter new Yamaha YBR125. Very nice and much easier to ride. Just be careful please, that goes for all bikers out there!!!   :police:  Dave-Number6  :-)) :-))

Rooster

« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2010, 10:05:34 am »

I ride a Bandit myself  :}

steamboatwilly

Re: Motorcyclists - Velocette Valliant.
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2010, 08:36:29 pm »

Took a bit of time, about six months but this is before and after. Don't quite think I could keep up with Bunkerbarge though. Brief spec - 192cc, flat twin, shaft drive. Happiest  at 50 mph. Air cooled version of the water cooled Police Noddy bike.  There's was the  one you could not hear them coming on, fitted with a hand start lever, as opposed to the kick start on mine.

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #184 on: November 13, 2010, 10:02:54 pm »

What an absolutely beautiful machine.  It makes me smile to see something like a shaft drive on a machine of this age.  It's amazing what innovative ideas have been around for a lot longer than we think.

I can't believe you did it in six months though.  I used to restore BSA's and Triumphs in my youth but you would probably be looking at a couple of years for a job like that, and that was when the bits were easier to get!
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2010, 12:19:51 am »

This time last year I managed to track down a bike I'd been looking for. Its a 1974 Honda CB750. I had to have a new back tire, chain, sprocket and rear shocks replaced, but apart from that its great. Its quite a thrill to ride, particularly compared to my Goldwing.

John

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2010, 11:46:38 am »

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #187 on: November 28, 2010, 11:57:04 am »

But can any of you Bikers do this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCUn6m2fPaQ&feature=player_embedded

Peter

The survival is amazing, but the other amazing thing is the apathy of everyone else. Don't care, just carry on.

John

robertall

« Reply #188 on: December 26, 2010, 10:39:57 pm »

I got 4 superdream 250's in bits, a superdream 250 which needs attention, also a 1979 honda 400 superdream. I also got my lovely '74 honda c90 which is daily ride. This year i have owned:

1. '81 Honda 250n (in shed awaiting work) "first big bike"
2. '76 Honda CD175 (sold) "only works in the day"
3. '74 Honda c90 (still got it) "the bike which i won't part with"
4. '92 Kawasaki z550 (sold) "a rocket, but rusted faster than you can say it"
5. '78 Kawasaki z200 (sold) "a shed on 2 wheels"
6. '85 Suzuki CS125 "Roadie" "STUPID BIKE!!"
7. '79 Honda 400n superdream (still got it) "Needs TLC but soon be back on the road"

I want another z550, that bike was a rocket on 2 wheels. Shame the one i owned by an ex-druggie who abused it badly.

Cheers Rob

triumphjon

« Reply #189 on: December 26, 2010, 10:59:19 pm »

where are you in the world robertall ? i may be able to put you in touch with a motorcycle engineer who still has engine parts and the abilty to keep your engines alive with newer parts ! he is in the uk 

robertall

« Reply #190 on: December 26, 2010, 11:17:01 pm »

Hi! Thanks for replying. i live in Cornwall, UK. My 400 superdream is a bit of a shed. I need a complete engine which is working well and not losing oil. I am losing a lot of oil into the airbox. There is a direct pipe from the top of the rocker cover straight into the airbox. the oil goes into the airbox, via the intake and then out of the exhaust with smoke. More overrun = more smoke. Around 250miles = 1 litre of oil used. It has no sigificant loss of power, but being stood for 8 years+ it is probably just valve stem oil seals. I will be doing these, if there is no difference, then i will need to replace the motor, new pistons are nearly £80 each (there is 2), and also i will still need a minimum of a hone, maybe even a re-bore.

Here is a picture of my C90 (which i ride daily) and also my CD175, which i sold just before the winter came (it cannot be ridden in the dark because the lights where so sh*te).

JerryTodd

« Reply #191 on: December 27, 2010, 05:42:46 pm »

I've been riding this 2001 Kawsaki Concours since, well, 2001.  I've owned a 125 Yamaha, Kawi 440 LTD, Kawi 750 Vulcan, and now the Connie.

Was a time I'd be on the bike in anything short of ice - but lately I've had so many very close calls due to distracted-in-a-hurry cagers that I don't ride much any more.  I'm not getting any younger or quicker and would rather not go out that way - so I think my riding days are done.

Marks Model Bits

• No Mustang Mark
  • Full Mayhemer
  • http://marksmodelbits.com/
    • Marks Model Bits
« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2010, 06:24:03 pm »

I had one of those Kawasaki GTR 1000s a few years ago when I did a bit of motorcycle courier work. One of the most reliable machines I ever owned. It did around 250,000 miles in 2  1/2 years without any major breakdowns!!!!  Mind you I came off/got knocked off a few times but it never did any major damage to the bike. Me, on the other hand........Well that is another story!!!!!!!"

Mark.
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE FOUND 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.!!!!

http://marksmodelbits.com/

robertall

« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2010, 11:05:24 pm »

Although the Kawasaki i had did burn up the road with the speed, and although it rusted, it was incredible. It would easily do 60mpg, and i was a very "throttle happy" rider on it. It never complained, the engine never showed any signs of trouble whatsoever, and the bike was 100% stable at the bottom end of the M5 motorway exceeding 100mph. It is a incredible machine, and i am trying find another Kawasaki GT550.

Rust was the main and only problem. Also my size was a bit of a problem, but i didn't care, and i enjoyed riding it so much i didn't care.

macey666

« Reply #194 on: December 31, 2010, 10:20:36 pm »

I've owned a few bikes in my time - Honda CX500A, CX500B, CX500EC, CB900 FA, XR185 and XR200 and several Honda 70s and 90s, Husqvarna 360 and 390, Maico 440 and 490, Suzuki 600 Bandit and Honda XR 600 pictured here in the mountains near Burgos in northern Spain, the two photos are taken a year and month apart.

Happy new year to you all.

mikearace

« Reply #195 on: January 01, 2011, 09:37:19 pm »

As much as the bikes listed and shown above are cherished by their owners, to me there is nothing to beat a vintage Lambretta.  My wife was delighted 2 years ago when I said I was taking a break from building my models and was also selling a few of them off.  She was less than delighted when a 1963 lambretta frame turned up along with an engine and two boxes of ancient rusted parts.   I then spent 15 months rebuilding her from scratch and using as many of the original parts as I could salvage.  She is an 1963 Series 3 Li 125 from Italy. The only significant modification I made was to change her from 6v to 12v AC with electronic ignition which is more reliable all round for starting and for the lighting.  Although I have had Vespa's for quite a few years off I had never attempted any major maintainance on my scoots.  So I started off completely clueless and didnt know if I would be capable of restoring her.  But armed with patience and an attitude of'its just a big mecanno set' and an invaluable spanner guide bible on how to rebuild..........she passed her MOT at the second attempt (first failure was my fault as I assumed the rear shocker original 1963 was sound and I could save the £25 cost of a new one.  It wasnt d'oh.  But she passed and was registered and given a number plate and I now use her almost daily in the summer and weekly in winter.  And the missus suggested it would be good to take up modelling again as the lesser of two evils when I was thinking about doing up another.   

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #196 on: January 01, 2011, 09:49:37 pm »

Mike,
In my youth I have owned 7 Lambrettas from an LD 150 to an SX200 Special.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Stavros

« Reply #197 on: January 01, 2011, 10:55:04 pm »

Allways put you down as a Rocker and not a Mod

Stav
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.