The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Steam

Sabino Build Log

<< < (2/22) > >>

Landlocked:
I didn't quite (alright, not even close) figure out what the natural planking runs should be for the inner hull.  Good thing it's a workboat and not finished bright.

Sponson planking had me stumped for quite a while.  I couldn't figure out where the planks should run.  When I realized that using the bottom of the extended bumper as if it was the keel, I could plank towards the inner hull and have the board lay flat.  Took a little while to figure out the rabbet at the forward end.

Landlocked/Ken 

Landlocked:
Derek,

Line 4 is roughly the waterline.  What looks like BPOW on the right side of the picture is the mirror image of the word sponson which is partially cropped.  The original lines had the forward sections on one side of the centerline and the aft sections on the other so I had to mirror image the copy to get both sides.

The original hull width roughly follows the line of the french curve for that station.  There's a faint line for the next section visible to the left of the french curve.  You can see the inner hull shape better looking at the next post with the molds set up. 

The sponsors added a lot of beam and a little bit more bouyancy (particularly in the aft sections).  As the boat rolled more of the sponsor entered the water and resisted the roll.

Ken

Landlocked:
Derek,

One correction.  BPOW is SPON on the right.  I lost the graphic when I started typing so got confused.

Ken

xrad:
Nice work! Power plant choice?

Landlocked:
Xrad,

Power plant is a TVR1A.

Engineering details on depicted on this thread.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,41750.0.html

Enjoy!

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version