Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tynemouth MBC  (Read 3618 times)

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
Tynemouth MBC
« on: June 25, 2007, 10:13:34 pm »

Serious Mode  >:( >:( >:(

I have been asked by the present committee of Tynemouth Model Boat Club, to post that the views and opinions of a person who makes regular postings on this open forum and is a member of the afore mentioned society, are not necessarily the views and opinions of the model boat club.

It would seem from some of the comments on this forum Tynemouth MBC has not got a very good  name for itself, this should not be the case as we are a open and friend group which prides itself on good relations with its members and other clubs in the model boat world, supporting and attending some of the popular boating events through out the year and raising monies for local charities.
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tynemouth MBC
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 11:01:42 pm »

So will the Committee be taking the aforementioned member to task for blackening the name of the club then?

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 11:18:19 pm »

Do we not think it is all a bit ambiguous anyway and therefore not saying a great deal of any use.  I am not sure whether the members of the club committe are not doing more harm by advertising the fact than the original issue caused.

Don't forget the vast majority of the members who write and the readers who visit do not know which individual is being spoken about nor which club he is a member of.  I think there are some sour grapes in play amongst the club committe which is probably doing more to draw peoples attention the fact that one of thier members has outspoken views and the committe want to shut him up.

I think it would be a very naive person who actually believed that the views of one of the members here represented the opinions of a model boat club but I would actually be more concerned that the said club feel that they have to take such actions which could be seen as just as counterproductive.

I think we all get a bit over enthusiastic in our postings and opinions occassionally and can be taken the wrong way but for someone who has been slighted to go complaining to his club as a means of getting back is probably considerably more underhanded than the misguided and badly judged comments were in the first place.

I think this thread has done more for the name of Tynemouth Model Boat Club than the person in question ever did.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 08:54:37 pm »

I'm only the messenger on this one  ::)
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 11:43:15 pm »

Yet more petty parochial rubbish on the Forum. Can't you sort out the man without making yourselves look publically as foolish, pompous and self-important as he does? If not then you deserve each other.
FLJ  >:(

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 11:52:59 pm »

I'm only the messenger on this one  ::)

Not a problem Barty, I just can't help wondering whether the committee have really thought this through properly.

I think FLJ put it more directly than me but at the end of the day I think the committee are making it worse!
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 05:05:28 pm »

So will the Committee be taking the aforementioned member to task for blackening the name of the club then?
They can take me to task any time they wish! It is pretty (or petty) to post items purporting to come from the committee and broadcast to the whole world without actually complaining to me. My views are my own, and nothing to do with the "club". I know I am outspoken (at times!) but treading on toes can get the little grey cells working now and again. As this is a "forum", I presume that all views will be tolerated and not just those views expressed by a like minded cabal. I have no wish to offend anyone, but surely my take on "stuff" is as valid as anyone elses. Ta for reading. BY.
PS See you on Sunday ,George!
Notes from a simple seaman

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 05:15:09 pm »

I know I am outspoken (at times!) but treading on toes can get the little grey cells working now and again.
"Foolish, pompous and self-important"? I rest my case, M'Lud.

FLJ

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 05:21:14 pm »

Yawn   ::)

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 03:32:49 am »

OK.......... sigh....... everyone has had their say.

Topic locked.

Admin.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.