Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stockmaritime 3x1  (Read 7296 times)

chumphon

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Stockmaritime 3x1
« on: February 05, 2014, 02:50:14 pm »

Hi
Attached is a photo of my new boat well delivered in November its been out  a few times now sailing from the beach but the Mrs is not too hot with the camera or video as I said before she's a chef and a dab hand with sharp knives instead!
Next time I will juggle the camera as well now the wind is dropping so it makes sailing a bit easier! {-)

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Stockmaritime 3x1
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 02:11:53 am »

A very handsome Yacht to say the least :-)) Looks like a boat that would make a nice addition to my collection. I am a bit concerned about the landed cost to Southern California. Have to check that out to see if one of these might be an item to add to my annual letter to Santa O0
Please provide us with a report how she sails. A video would be great!
Boomer

chumphon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 07:07:47 am »

Hi Boomer
Yes its certainly a good looking eye-catching  boat, and that seems to attract people  on all its outings so far it is easy to sail,  responsive and fast . The first thing I noticed on my maiden was its like a race hose really pulling to sail

Its a steep learning curve sailing from the beach very different from lake sailing with my Nirvana.(which I still have and have found a lake to sail it on)

I  am sailing on medium wind sails and that's certainly enough power in my opinion the light wind sails would be too much. I will order heavy wind sails for the windy season

I usually sail between 60/90 mins, boat is always dry , easy to transport and assemble on the beach (a cosy club house would be nice out of the breeze but no real problems)

I appreciate you like racing well no one here to race but I am enjoying  sailing and relaxing sitting on the beach. :}

Re shipment  it was 65 euros however that paled into insignificance compared to custom duties here in Thailand!! but once it sails you forget about, well that's until wife reminds me on occasions!

altogether I am pleased with it as it suits me, like I said pictures and hopefully video to come soon!

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 11:23:02 pm »

I will look forward to the pictures and video. Thank you

chumphon

• Full Mayhemer
A couple of photos from todays outing
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 07:30:14 am »

The "Mrs" is slowly improving with camera phone!

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 04:37:44 am »

Photos are terrific.
Boomer

chumphon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 06:48:21 am »

Recently I had been experiencing a "lack of signal" for want of better words, >>:-( it was a bit worrying especially if the boat was pointing out to sea!  <:( and it turned out that my spectrum transmitter was indeed faulty.

So it has now been replaced by a local model "storm 16s" a programmable effort that all the local model plane flyers use , plus its widely available here in Thailand and cheap so I pared it up with the spectrum MR3000 marine receiver  and away we go.... perfect range, actually far more than I ever need, no drop outs, boat sails and responds perfectly.

As a note I was  curious that I had ever heard of Storm , but I was told they seem to produce  Orange Rc transmitter's so while the name itself is not well known it seems to be marketed in disguise.

Either way it works it cost me a fraction of a new Spectrum and drives the boat perfectly!
Happy sailing!:)
Ps video to come soon , sadly a new contract and  work is looming for a few weeks

chumphon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 08:33:02 am »

Last weeks outing! sadly pic not as good.

mrpenguin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 09:27:23 pm »

That looks like a great place to sail and nice conditions  :-))
Amateur at work...

chumphon

• Full Mayhemer
strong wind sails today
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 04:22:12 pm »

A few pictures strong wind sails today, don't know how strong wind was but it was rocking the coconut trees luckily no big waves just a bit of a swell

Boat was sailing perfectly  :-))

chumphon

• Full Mayhemer
3x1 storm sails
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 09:38:11 am »

A force5 wind here today( and for the next 3 months usually) and the seas starting to get a bit choppy

Not entirely relaxing sailing but boat handled perfectly

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 05:17:19 pm »

chumphon
Your photos are great! After checking the website, I have determined the cost of this beautiful yacht is on "north side" of my budget.  >:-o . Looks like fun sailing in those rough waters especially with a boat that handles them so well.
I have 12 RC boats currently, none of which are in the price range of this one. Think I'd have to come out of retirement to be able to make the investment required. <:(  I will have to enjoy yours through the pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Boomer

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 05:24:16 pm »

North of my budget also Boomer.
Just what I need for winter.
Darn nice though.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 05:44:16 pm »

Ned
I had a Carbon Fiber Seawind years ago. Got it for a very reduced price so I went for it. Honestly couldn't say it sailed any different than my ABS Seawinds. Found some guy that had to have one, so I "bailed out" and got my money back. I have two ABS Seawinds in my collection currently (both purchased at very attractive prices) and enjoy sailing them for sure. I am sure the 3x1 is a superior sailing craft from watching it in the company's videos so perhaps as time passes I may sell a few of my boats to fund such a boat. For now I am content and will stay with what I have O0 .

chumphon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 02:48:25 am »

Thanks guys , yes its a nice boat and I am satisfied with it .As  you say Boomer its expensive  but I did research what I wanted before buying, as living the sticks in country where RC sailing is nearly unheard of, so mainly I wanted low maintenance transportable, and capable of sailing in the sea in various winds. The company site shows all this on video and it helped me make the decision to buy although I was still a bit skeptical.

My doubts however have been put aside, the large sails would be of no use here so I use medium strong and storm. The storm sails make for good sailing in the high winds, not sure I will ever sail in force 7 (6 maybe) as the waves here would possibly be the bigger problem as they break a fair distance offshore.

And yes I have not reached the nirvana of retirement, still contracting in the travel/hotel business in SE Asia so when I work its for as long as it takes to get the job done then home, but despite this I have sailed about 90 hours since I had the boat and it still looks as good as new. 

Yogibear

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 12:51:04 am »

I dont find my CF Seawind sails very differently at all , I suppose by reducing the hull weight it should allow for more flexible trimming.

Ive seen a few videos of this one and at appears to handle the swells very well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.